We are seeking an ESG Manager who will support the development of BioMed Realty’s ESG vision, strategy, and goals in coordination with the senior management and subject matter experts.
This position offers a hybrid work model, which includes 4 days in office and 1 day remotely. Hybrid work may be modified based on the needs of the company.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working in commercial real estate, corporate sustainability, ESG consulting, accounting, finance and/or decarbonization experience in another relevant industry.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley, business processes, strategic policy implementation, and internal controls.
- Experience with sustainability reporting in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) Real Estate and Development Assessment.
- Ability to meet challenging business demands, demonstrate successful leadership, exceptional cross functional management skills, along with exemplary communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and research abilities.
- Must be highly skilled in data analysis and building smart and efficient cross-functional processes that leverage automation opportunities.
- Demonstrated success in creation and implementation of the Taskforce of Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) framework and goal setting in alignment with the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTis). Experience with climate risk assessments, scenario analysis, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Depth of knowledge on sustainability in real estate, commercial real estate, climate change, sustainability reporting, and corporate social responsibility.
- Exemplary written and presentation skills for high-visibility storytelling, both internally and externally. Ability to listen actively, receive and incorporate feedback.
- Lead the quarterly activities of ESG data collection and process management, ensuring efficient information flow from the data owners to the Executive Committee.
- Manage the quarterly ESG data collection process. This can include but is not limited to: establish processes and design internal controls to ensure proper governance of data management framework, create and provide training to numerous stakeholders, establish and automate data collection templates, consolidate regional data for entity-level ESG reporting in alignment with the sustainability reporting frameworks (e.g. GRI, GRESB, SASB, etc.).
- Demonstrate effective leadership of subcommittees through successful implementation of ESG initiatives and demonstrate measurable progress through reported ESG metrics in alignment with the recognized sustainability standards. Lead and coordinate efforts to set goals and adopt new programs, track the impacts of changes in operations, and communicate successes.
- Establish entity-level documentation to allow for a standardized portfolio level approach towards achieving healthy green building certifications (e.g. Fitwel, LEED, and WELL). Research innovative construction materials, products, and tools that assist in achieving overall project sustainability, and green building certification systems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant standards and frameworks (e.g. SASB, GRI, SDGSs), benchmarks (e.g. LEED, WELL, BREEAM), and research findings regarding regulatory changes' in environmental compliance, measurement and technical issues relevant to ESG.
- Identify, communicate, and manage implementation of opportunities for ESG efficiencies and process improvement to senior management.
- Support the design and execution of our long-term ESG strategy. Manage the design, creation and execution of ESG flow charts, data collection templates, process narratives and internal controls.
- Lead cross-departmental ESG subcommittees: biodiversity, transportation, and tenant engagement.
Salary Range: $100,000 - $140,000 per year + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining pay, we’ll consider location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment unless they are eligible for an approved medical or religious exemption in accordance with the law.
At BioMed Realty, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. BioMed Realty continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. Through BioMed Realty’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Benefits Program which includes:
- Employer-Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Family Leave Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- ID Theft Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 100% Employer-Paid Life & AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Company sponsored Exercise Classes Through Zoom
- Onsite Gym
- Complimentary Snacks, Fresh Fruit, Cold Brew Coffee, Kombucha and Soda Provided
- Dry Cleaning Services Onsite
About The Company
BioMed Realty, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a leading provider of real estate solutions to the life science and technology industries. BioMed owns and operates high quality life science real estate comprising 15.9 million square feet concentrated in leading innovation markets throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including Boston/Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Boulder and Cambridge, U.K. In addition, BioMed maintains a premier in process development platform with 3.7 million square feet of Class A properties in active construction and 7.1 million square feet of future development platform in these core innovation markets to meet the growing demand of the life science and technology industries.
BioMed Realty is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.