Morgan Stanley Investment Management (“MSIM”) is a global investment manager with over 40 years of history delivering innovative investment solutions across public and private markets worldwide. We have $1.4Tn of AUM with professionals located across 21 countries, with a proven long‐ term track record of success. Our investment teams bring significant expertise in structuring complex financial transactions and commitment to partnering with world‐ class management teams. Morgan Stanley’s extensive business relationships and global network of resources afford our private equity and credit teams as well as our portfolio companies’ unparalleled access to leading corporations, executive talent, as well as competitive deal sourcing advantages.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) is a global provider of investment products and services to institutional clients across multiple asset classes. The Firm offers a wide range of global equity, fixed income and asset allocation solutions across both public and private markets.
The Global Risk & Analysis Group (GRA) team offers the opportunity to identify, assess, manage and monitor risk across MSIM, and provide research/analysis and reporting for clients, regulators, Portfolio Management Teams, Firm Management, and other internal teams.
This member of GRA will be based in New York and responsible for analysis, research and delivery of certain Alternatives and ESG risk-focused projects. In addition, Associate/Senior Associate will perform data analysis, aggregation, and reporting.
- Work as a key member of the Alternatives and ESG Risk team to conduct research and analysis of MSIM’s actively managed Solutions and Multi-Asset funds and the overall global equity, fixed income, commodities, FX, derivatives, and hedge fund markets.
- Measure, identify, and communicate risks of actively managed multi-asset funds to various parties, such as Portfolio Management Teams, Firm Management, clients, regulators, and other internal teams.
- Research, construct, apply, and interpret macroeconomic and historical stress scenarios as they relate to actively managed multi-asset funds.
- Calculate ESG risk metrics including portfolio carbon emissions, climate scenario analysis and board diversity, and conduct screenings for ESG controversy flags and business involvements across equity, fixed income and multi-asset portfolios.
- Lead regular quality control checks of derivatives securities and ex-ante risk data in Aladdin.
- Use market, risk, and performance tools such as Aladdin, SunGard APT, Barra Portfolio Manager, Bloomberg and MSCI ESG Manager on a daily basis.
- Work closely with other investment risk management teams (equity, fixed income, liquidity, cross-investment) to expand and optimize MSIM’s risk management platform.
- Collaborate with I.T. Team to build and improve data and processes which are critical to the Alternatives and ESG Risk Team.
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance, mathematics or other related quantitative field
- Ideally 2 to 8 years of experience; previous experience in the asset management industry working with multi-asset and ESG strategies is strongly preferred.
- CFA or graduate degree is a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Experience using SQL is a plus.
- Familiarity with market data and risk tools (i.e. Aladdin, SunGard APT, Barra Portfolio Manager, BarraOne, Bloomberg, MSCI ESG Manager).
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter.
- Team-player mentality, with the ability to work independently when necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once and meet associated deadlines.
Wage Transparency Statement
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between $105,000 and $155,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).