Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.Would you like to work for one of the World's largest banks in an exciting, dynamic and international environment?
We are currently recruiting for an Outsourcing & Third Party Risk Management Expert MBE
in our Amsterdam or Madrid Office.
MUFG Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked Financial Groups in the world in terms of assets. A world-class set of businesses and more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide.
For more than 50 years MBE offers corporate and investment banking services to both Japanese and non-Japanese corporate customers in The Netherlands and, through its branches. The goal is to be among the top performing foreign-owned banks operating in The Netherlands, providing value-added banking services and excellent operations, fulfilling both Japanese and Global Multinational Corporate customers' needs.
At MBE we are committed to contributing to a more sustainable future. Thus, we will encourage you to embed environmental, social & governance (ESG) factors in your everyday work and in our culture.
The MBE subsidiary based in The Netherlands is a network of branches (Germany Branch (Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Munich), Spain Branch (Madrid, Barcelona), Belgium Branch (Brussels), Austria Branch (Vienna)), managed from Amsterdam.Your impact at MUFG
The role would be a highly skilled and experienced professional to join MBE as an outsourcing EBA Guidelines Implementation and Third party Management expert. The person will be working in the Finance team which is responsible for overseeing the implementation of outsourcing guidelines set by the European Banking Authority (EBA) across MBE. The person work closely with various departments to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and best practices related to outsourcing activities.The role includes the following:
Working in the Finance team to ensure the organization's adherence to the outsourcing guidelines issued by the European Banking Authority (EBA). Stay up to date with the latest regulations, guidelines, and industry best practices related to outsourcing with following responsibilities:
In order to be successful in the role, you will need the following:
- Policy Development: Develop and maintain comprehensive policies, procedures, and controls related to outsourcing activities to ensure compliance with EBA guidelines. Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including legal, risk management, and compliance teams, to align policies with regulatory requirements.
- Outsourcing Assessment: Conduct thorough assessments of all existing and proposed outsourcing arrangements to evaluate their compliance with EBA guidelines. Identify any gaps or risks and provide recommendations for remediation.
- Vendor Due Diligence: Oversee the vendor due diligence process to ensure that potential outsourcing partners meet the necessary regulatory and operational standards. Review and evaluate vendor contracts and service level agreements (SLAs) to ensure compliance with EBA guidelines.
- Risk Management: Work closely with the risk management team to identify and assess outsourcing-related risks and develop mitigation strategies. Monitor outsourcing activities for potential risks and take appropriate actions to address them.
- Training and Awareness: Conduct training sessions and workshops to educate employees on outsourcing EBA guidelines and their implications. Foster a culture of compliance and awareness throughout the organization.
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare regular reports and documentation to communicate the status of outsourcing activities and compliance with EBA guidelines to senior management and relevant stakeholders.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as legal, compliance, procurement, and business units, to ensure a coordinated approach to outsourcing activities.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, or a related field. Additional certifications or training in risk management, compliance, or outsourcing would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the banking or financial services industry, with exposure to outsourcing and regulatory compliance of at least 3-4 years. Familiarity with EBA guidelines or similar regulatory frameworks is required. Especially in international environment where intragroup arrangements for outsourcing are common.
- Languages skills: Fluent in English. Other languages such as Dutch, Spanish, Germany, French are desirable
- Software skills: Windows, MS Excel (advanced skill preferred), MS Power Point, MS Word, Service Now.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills with the ability to review and analyze complex outsourcing documentation and identify compliance gaps or risks. Proficiency in using analytical tools and techniques to support decision-making processes.
- Regulatory Knowledge: Understanding of outsourcing regulations and guidelines, including those set by the European Banking Authority (EBA). Awareness of other relevant regulatory frameworks, such as GDPR and MiFID II, is a plus.
- Communication Skills: Effective written and verbal communication skills to convey complex information clearly and concisely. Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Problem-solving Abilities: Strong problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues related to outsourcing compliance and risk management. Ability to think critically and propose practical solutions.
- Adaptability: Willingness to adapt to changing regulatory requirements and organizational needs. Openness to learning and staying updated on industry trends and best practices.
Integrity and Responsibility
- Balance Risk with Opportunity
- Customer Focus
- Demonstrate Global Perspective
Professionalism and Teamwork
- Drive For Results
- Collaborate and Build Partnerships
- Communicate Effectively and Professionally
Challenge Ourselves To Grow
What do we have to offer:
- Influence and Inspire Others
- Lead Change & Seek Continuous Improvement
- Think Strategically
- Manage and Develop Talent
We offer you a role in one of the largest banks of the world in a growing and international environment.
Competitive gross salary and other benefits consistent with the market.
You will have various opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you with that by offering various training and development possibilities.
- We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life.
- Monthly team events.
- To work in an ambitious, international environment with colleagues from different countries and cultures, who strive for the best.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
The role is based in the Netherlands or in Spain. All candidates need to be willing to relocate to the Netherlands or Spain. Internal employees will be supported in case of relocation.
For more information regarding this position you can contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist at: email@example.com
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.