About the Job:
FuelCell Energy is a global leader in decarbonizing power and producing hydrogen through our proprietary fuel cell technology. Our mission is to enable a world powered by clean energy. As an innovator and manufacturer of fuel cell clean power platforms, FuelCell Energy has the only technology in the world capable of capturing carbon from an external source and producing power at the same time. In addition, we offer the only technology in the world capable of producing hydrogen, power and water simultaneously.
Seeking a dynamic individual with strong analytical and communications skills who wants to be part of the ESG movement. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of financial modeling or P&L experience within a financial institution, renewable energy company, regulated utility or technical manufacturing company. Candidates with prior experience in power is a plus. Interest in being part of the energy transition (i.e. hydrogen, carbon capture, renewable natural gas) and making a difference is a must.
The Analyst is responsible for performing, documenting, and disseminating complex financial analysis. This position analyzes and projects the financial performance of the various commercial assets and performs results comparisons to establish objectives and targets.
- Prepare, analyze, and develop financial reports for planning, forecasting, trending, and variance analysis to actual results on generation business performance.
- Perform business, financial, and operational analysis to impact results and support senior level decision-making.
- Perform analysis of commercial assets’ profit and loss statements to enhance quality of management decision making by identifying drivers of performance and opportunities for performance improvement.
- Provide data regarding achievement of financial objectives and analyze business issues and opportunities.
- Prepare weekly/monthly commentary, key company initiatives, business results and analysis for senior management.
- Support annual and long-range strategic planning process at the property level.
- Prepare complex business scenario model.
- Possess the business acumen to navigate a complex environment of stakeholders.
- Review and identify enhancements to present business processes
Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, real estate, or mathematics (or related field) required.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of Finance or Accounting experience within an operations business. Experience in the renewable energy sector (biomass, solar, wind, etc.) is a plus.
Candidate must have demonstrable knowledge/experience in:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, real estate, or mathematics (or related field) required.
- 2-4 years of financial analysis experience in operations.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with Power BI or other visualization platforms preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Office and field environment position requiring the ability to drive automobile, use a computer, and fly in planes. Also requires walking, standing and potentially climbing at customer sites.
- Be able and willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as designated such as safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hats, respirator, and other PPE as required.
- Travel by car, plane or other forms of public transportation.
- Have or be able to obtain a Passport
Equal Opportunity Employer:
FuelCell Energy is an equal-opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and safe work environment for people of all backgrounds.
We offer a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, and generous paid leave.
The successful candidate is required to complete a drug screen, criminal background check, and employment and education verification.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is committed to ensuring that its application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all U.S. job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please send an email with your resume to email@example.com or contact us by calling 860-496-2222. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.
NOTE: This dedicated phone line and email address are designed exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be acknowledged. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
No agency submissions please. Resumes submitted to any FuelCell Energy employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the FuelCell Energy Recruiting team for this position will become the property of FuelCell Energy and no agency fees will be paid.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a career with FuelCell Energy. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.