At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 9,500 employees working in 30 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 155 countries. For more than 75 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
O’Shaughnessy Asset Management (OSAM) is a research and money management firm based in Stamford, CT. On December 31, 2021, OSAM was acquired by Franklin Templeton. The firm manages approximately $7.7 billion in assets for institutions and financial advisors. Our approach to managing money is transparent, logical, and completely disciplined, leading to long‐standing relationships with our clients. We are a leading provider of Custom Indexing services via CANVAS®.
CANVAS® is a platform offering financial advisors an unprecedented level of control and ease in creating and managing client portfolios in Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs). Advisors can set up custom investment templates, access factor investing strategies, utilize passive strategies, actively manage taxes, and apply ESG investing and SRI screens according to the specific needs, preferences, and objectives of individual clients.
For more information on our firm, please visit our website at www.osam.com
OSAM is looking to hire a full-time Portfolio Implementation Analyst. The candidate will work closely with our investment management team to implement the firm’s investment strategies across client accounts.Key Responsibilities Of The Position Include
- Implementing investment decisions for separately managed & unified managed accounts.
- Daily monitoring of portfolio positioning, trade executions, cash management and compliance within client guidelines.
- Addressing client requests and managing events throughout the client's lifecycle, such as account openings, cash flows, rebalances and tax harvests.
- Managing trade baskets, rotation order and market liquidity while ensuring best execution for client portfolios.
- Reconcile daily transaction data and confirm trades were executed correctly.
- Monitor asset allocation guidelines, model drift & dispersion along with annual tax budgets for tax sensitive portfolios.
- Exposure to our CANVAS customized portfolio interface.
- Daily interaction with operations to ensure proper & timely processing of client requests.
- Liaising with other departments internally, including Portfolio Management, Research, Compliance, Sales and Marketing, Trading, and Operations.
- Identify & implement any areas of improvement.
- Familiarity with Archer/XIP/Fix Flyer OMS/EMS desirable.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Minimum experience in a similar role - 4 years.
- Minimum trading experience – 2 years.
- Strong knowledge and ability to effectively manage and execute trade baskets with contra brokers.
- Knowledge of financial markets and portfolio management.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work effectively under a high standard.
- Detail-oriented with strong quantitative and analytical skills that can be leveraged to evaluate portfolios.
- Proactive towards new challenges and problem-solving.
- Strong excel skills and knowledge of Bloomberg.
Compensation Range: Along with base compensation, other compensation is offered such as a discretionary bonus, 401k plan, health insurance, and other perks. There are several factors taken into consideration in making compensation decisions including but not limited to location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. At Franklin Templeton, we apply a total reward philosophy where all aspects of compensation and benefits are taken into consideration in determining compensation. We expect the salary for this position to range between $85,000.00 - $110,000.00.
#ASSOCIATEWhat makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.Highlights Of Our Benefits Include
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 85% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
- Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals.
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at Franklin Templeton Careers to learn more about our company, career opportunities and recruitment process.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to accommodations@FranklinTempleton.com . In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.