Employer: DWS Group
Title: Portfolio Specialist
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Code:About DWS:
Today, markets face a whole new set of pressures – but also a whole lot of opportunity too. Opportunity to innovate differently. Opportunity to invest responsibly. And opportunity to make change.
Join us at DWS, and you can be part of an industry-leading firm with a global presence. You can lead ambitious opportunities and shape the future of investing. You can support our clients, local communities, and the environment.
We’re looking for creative thinkers and innovators to join us as the world continues to transform. As whole markets change, one thing remains clear; our people always work together to capture the opportunities of tomorrow. That’s why we are ‘Investors for a new now’.
As investors on behalf of our clients, it is our role to find investment solutions. Ensuring the best possible foundation for our clients’ financial future. And in return, we’ll give you the support and platform to develop new skills, make an impact and work alongside some of the industry’s greatest thought leaders. This is your chance to achieve your goals and lead an extraordinary career.
This is your chance to invest in your future. Read more about DWS and who we are here.Team / Division Overview
DWS’s Liquid Real Assets (“LRA”) business has been investing in real estate securities since 1993, commodities (2005) and infrastructure securities (2008). DWS manages approximately USD 28.4 billion in these asset classes for investors around the world (as of September 30, 2023).
Our Client Engagement Group is a global team supporting the Liquid Real Assets investment team through the marketing, thought leadership and client servicing needs of underlying clients and prospects around the world. You will have the opportunity to work alongside the senior investment division members in shaping the content, materials and messaging with regards to the asset class along with working closely with various other areas within the company. Your role is a unique hybrid of data analytics, content design and the clear and concise communication of investment processes, industry trends and market outlook across presentations, publications, questionnaires and RFPs.Role Details
As a Portfolio Specialist, you will (be):
- Co-ordination, compilation, revision (data/performance/accuracy checks), approval and delivery of monthly/quarterly client deliverables across regions. This includes both quantitative and qualitative components.
- Support in consultant relations, client retention and prospecting efforts; e.g. presentations (including content creation and design), competitor analysis, questionnaires, due diligence materials
- Staying up to date on relevant product, asset class, industry knowledge and financial market developments (and applying this knowledge in response to client and prospect requests for information)
- Identify opportunities to create synergy and refine messaging across the broader platform for delivery to both external/internal stakeholders
- Thought leadership/content creation to aid in driving education and sales initiatives across asset classes globally
- Support broader (DWS/LRA) business in their product development and strategic initiatives (i.e., ESG)
We are looking for:
- Advanced proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
- Expertise in MS Teams preferred
- VBA knowledge or other coding experience a plus
- Highly organized and solutions-oriented with strong time management, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Some project and/or people management experience highly valued (interaction and co-ordination of various stakeholders is required)
- At least 3 – 5 years financial markets experience; content creation and/or background in Alternatives (Real Estate, Infrastructure or Commodities) preferred.
- Optional (but preferable) systems knowledge/experience, including FactSet, Aladdin, Bloomberg
- Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent qualification/work experience
How You’ll Interact:
What we’ll offer you:
- Liquid Real Assets business (i.e., portfolio specialists, support services, and investment team)
- Global client coverage team
- Marketing, RFP, Compliance, Operations team
At DWS we’re serious about diversity, equity and creating an inclusive culture where colleagues can be themselves and it’s important to us that you enjoy coming to work - feeling healthy, happy and rewarded. At DWS, you’ll have access to a range of benefits which you can choose from to create a personalized plan unique to your lifestyle. Whether you’re interested in healthcare, company perks, or are thinking about your retirement plan, there’s something for everyone.Some of our core benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Matched 401K Savings Plan
- Generous Paid Time Away plus Bank Holidays
- Physical and Mental Health Well-Being benefits including (but not limited to) Health & Life Insurance Plans and the support of trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Family friendly benefits including generous parental leave packages (supporting all variations of family set-ups), to healthcare plans and travel insurance
- The opportunity to support our CSR strategy which is focused on combatting climate change & achieving greater social justice. You can make donations to our partnered organizations or take part in corporate volunteering opportunities in your local communities by providing on hand support.
DWS’ Hybrid Working model is designed to find the right balance between in-person collaboration and engagement in the office, which is core to our working culture, and working from home. Each business group varies on the split between time spent in the office and at home, but this will be discussed and made clear as part of your application and interview process. We will continue to review and evolve our working environments and methods to ensure that we are working in the best way possible for our people.
If you require any adjustments or changes to be made to the interview process for any reason including, or related to a disability or long-term health condition, then please contact your recruiter and let them know what assistance you may need. Examples of adjustments include providing a change to the format of the interview, or providing assistance when at the DWS office. This will not affect your application and your recruitment team will discuss options with you.Privacy Statement
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. Click here to view DWS’ Privacy Notice.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: "EEO is the Law poster" and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .