ERM is seeking a Principal Consultant to join our growing Mergers & Acquisitions/ESG team. The ideal candidate will bring significant consulting experience and client relationships, in order to provide technical leadership, strategic direction, and sophisticated delivery support to grow ERM’s global Transaction Services technical community. Hybrid position; would prefer this candidate proximity to an ERM office, but not required.
Our Mergers & Acquisitions team is currently going through a period of significant growth in the market whilst also servicing an existing large client base. To support the successful delivery and continued growth, ERM is seeking a Principal Consultant to manage and deliver a range of projects, while supporting on-going client development to capture the growth in the market. In this role, the successful candidate will focus on project management and delivery of portfolio Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) due diligence projects for clients in a variety of sectors, including private equity, finance, manufacturing, and chemical.
The ideal candidate will also support the successful delivery of ERM proposals and projects in line with our vision, values and our strategic imperatives by:
- Adhering to all ERM and client requirements, specifically those related to H&S and governance
- Identifying opportunities for evolving services in line with client needs
- Identifying follow-on sales opportunities in respect of designated projects.
- Contributing to achieving sales target by supporting Account Management team and Business Units.
ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many Global Fortune 500 companies and leading financial institutions delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing. For over 50 years, we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts.
- Manage and successfully deliver large, complex and/or multidisciplinary projects and/or specific deliverables or phases of work on larger, more complex or higher complexity programs.
- Advise clients on EHS and ESG liabilities, risks and opportunities associated with transactions.
- Accountable for meeting personal billability at the budgeted rate, personal sales contribution targets and relevant business unit targets.
- As a senior “seller/doer,” contribute to business development of ERM’s global Transaction Services technical community. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in the development of new business, in cooperation with ERM Partners. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand ERM’s profile and market share in the regional Transaction Services technical market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Communicate with clients, ERM employees, and vendors.
- Lead, manage performance, hire and retain, inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of technical teams.
- Understand the interrelationships between ERM practices and policies and how these are applied within the business model(s).
- Collaborate across regions and global practice communities.
- Establish strong working relationships with clients through project delivery and face to face meetings.
- BS in environmental science, engineering, or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience; EHS consulting, finance, and/or due diligence experience preferred.
- Possess fundamental working knowledge of site investigation and characterization concepts of Phase II Environmental Assessment projects.
- Solid knowledge of environmental regulations and ideally have multiple sector experience, including private equity/ finance, energy, manufacturing, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, and/or infrastructure.
- Well versed in environmental risk, environmental compliance, health & safety compliance, social & governance considerations, remediation liabilities, as they relate to transaction agreements.
- Experience estimating the costs of environmental compliance and remediation liabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail; experience writing comprehensive technical reports and standards.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel as needed to support client projects and meetings, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Recognized technical expertise by the marketplace.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!