S&P Global Sustainable 1
The Role: Principal Research Specialist, ESG Methodology and Scores
S&P Global is one of the leading providers of the ESG data for investors, corporates and other stakeholders. ESG creates Value for our Clients; Value to Investors in mitigating risk of long-term investments and Value to Corporates through long term financial performance. It focuses on collecting broad range of ESG data through a variety of company and governmental sources, to provide users with an in-depth, multi-faceted view into the nature and strength of a company’s resistance to changes in ESG components, liaise with various critical stakeholders in understanding and building the content set. This data is used by investors, asset managers and in S&P Global’s various divisions and products. The team is responsible for managing S&P Global’s proprietary database, comprising one of the world’s most complete datasets on corporate sustainability.
As a part of S&P’s ESG team, you will develop and maintain accurate, complete and timely data sets while taking into account the business divisions global interests and needs internally & externally.
You will be a part of the ESG Methodology & Scores team to ensure development of new methodology and maintaining accuracy and quality throughout the ESG rating process. You will be analyzing data and corresponding ESG scores; identifying issues with the methodology & emerging trends, processes, and practices; engaging with appraisal and QC analysts to ensure high predictability and zero information is missed.
What’s In It For You
We are searching for people that are passionate about sustainability and would like to join a project-focused, international team of like-minded people, driven to deliver excellence in managing the world’s most known family of sustainability indices and one of the leading corporate sustainability benchmarking methodologies. This position is an excellent opportunity to collaborate with various internal teams at S&P, while understanding the nuances of ESG research and rating. This will put you in an excellent position to create a positive impact on the individuals, and the overall research data and methodology.
- Develop training content, quizzes, tests of varying difficulty levels for ESG team
- Standardize, maintain, and conduct training process for onboarding team members
- Ensuring alignment of corporate sustainability assessment (CSA) methodology in line with overall strategic agenda
- Maintaining transparency and accuracy by ensuring access to CSA methodology information to various stakeholders
- Develop new processes/tools and documentations on ESG scores quality
- Engage with ESG analysts to understand the challenges and suggest solutions
- Ensure timeliness and completeness in implementation of new ESG methodology
- Provide inputs and ideas for new collection methods and product improvements related to the covered content sets
- Keeps him/herself updated in knowledge of content sets. Build industry knowledge by understanding industry trends and reporting standards
- Contributing to achieving the overarching ESG methodology development and score quality goals and reporting on progress to senior management
- Manage a team of 1-2 senior analysts.
What We’re Looking For
Basic Qualifications & Skills Required:
- 4-8 years of experience in the ESG data ratings and research
- 2-5 years of experience in Quality control of ESG data ratings and research
- Excellent communication skill (Written and Verbal) as it involves liaising with multiple stakeholders across regions and training new joiners across the globe on Corporate Sustainability Assessments
- Advanced Excel skills; comfortable using Excel formulas
- Qlik/Tableau experience is preferred; SQL/VBA knowledge is an added advantage
- Strong attention to detail and persistent approach to work
- Strong quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills
- Agile mindset as it involves a lot of collaboration and coordination
Grade: 9 (relevant for internal applicants only)
The Location: Gurugram/Hyderabad/Ahmedabad
About S&P Global Sustainable
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Sustainable1 is the central source for sustainably intelligence from S&P Global. Sustainable1 matches customers with the ESG products, insights and solutions from across S&P Global's divisions to help meet their unique needs. Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in-depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. Our data and well-informed point of view on critical topics like energy transition, climate resilience, positive impact and sustainable finance allow us to go deep on the details that define the big picture so customers can make decisions with conviction. To learn more about Sustainable1,visit www.spglobal.com/sustainable1
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 289876
Posted On: 2023-08-01
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India