Within our headquarters in Antwerp we are searching for a quality & ESG specialist to join our motivated Quality & Sustainability team. Are you curious about this position? Keep reading because you might be the person we are looking for!
In this job, you are responsible for the Day to Day running of the Environmental Management System including data collation and reporting. You deliver and support credible and accurate internal quarterly reporting on non-financial/ ESG performance and external reporting on the company’s ESG progress. This includes the actively support of the Quality & Sustainability team in the external communications and engagement with internal and external audiences to drive the understanding and the visibility of Manuchar’s Sustainability strategy and performance.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You develop and maintain strong relationships with the relevant teams (e.g. H&S, Finance and Human Resources & Compliance) in the regions, building strong cross-functional networks and guiding & inspiring teams.
- You develop and deliver relevant trainings related to ESG reporting to cross-functional teams to make sure a consistent message is delivered, and data is collected in a consistent way between continents and brands.
- You mitigate risks while addressing environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance and you ensure the existing and new reporting standards are compliance.
- You setup the ESG governance around our supply chain activities.
- You review & follow-up the regulatory requirements related to sustainability risk / opportunity quantification and you are as well evolving expectations of external stakeholders.
- You define and track progress on SBTI goals established by the company.
- You are responsible for GHG data collection and collation on group level (collate organizational scope 1, 2 & 3 emissions).
- You develop internal communications program and champion activities to reduce our carbon footprint.
- You have a Bachelor or University degree, ideally in Environmental Science/Engineering, Economics, Business, or other sustainability-related disciplines.
- You have experience in environmental management of minimum 3 years.
- You speak and write fluently English (Dutch, French or any other language is a plus).
- You have profound knowledge of standards and disclosure schemes such as ISO14001:2015 / CDP / Ecovadis / Sustainalitics / RSPO / Responsible Care / TCFD.
- You have a good understanding of core elements of GHG accounting / carbon footprinting and corporate emission.
- You are a social and communicative team player.
- You are organizationally strong and have an eye for detail.
- You can drive and manage projects in complex & international organizational structure, with various shareholders.
- You are proficient in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. InDesign knowledge is a plus.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar, headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium is a leading distributor of chemicals in emerging markets. We complement our Chemical Distribution business with International Trade Services in steel, polymers and several other raw materials.
In 2022 we handled 4 million metric tons of goods, generating 2.8 billion USD in sales. Our local operations are in over 35 countries and 160 locations. Manuchar employs 2,600 professionals worldwide.
At Manuchar "We keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Manuchar offers you
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits.
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents.
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast-growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV through our online tool CVWarehouse.