Morningstar Indexes- http://indexes.morningstar.com
Position: Quantitative Analyst â New Product Development â Morningstar Indexes
The Area: Morningstar Indexes Team leverages its expertise in equity research, manager research, asset allocation, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions. It uses Morningstarâs intellectual property to create indexes that empower investors to achieve their goals at every stage of the investment process - market monitoring, benchmarking, and asset allocation. The unit offers a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity and asset allocation indexes.
The Role: As a part of the Indexes New Product Development Team, you will participate in the full development cycle including ideation, design, development, presentations to global research team and clients, leading up to implementation. The ideal candidate will have a good grasp of investment concepts, possess strong analytical skills, good communication skills. Technical proficiency with at least one programming language (Python, R or MATLAB) in addition to SQL is desirable. This position is based in our Navi Mumbai office.
The successful candidate will
- Collaborate effectively with Morningstar research organization including equity, quantitative, manager or sustainability research teams, and product management to develop novel thematic and smart beta indexes that leverage Morningstar IP.
- Work on the entire product development lifecycle from ideation, design, development, and validation, leading up to launch.
- Work closely with other index teams to operationalize index methodologies.
- Develop new tools and capabilities to perform portfolio construction or analytics independently, including the use of statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Publish white papers, factsheets, client presentations, and other collateral to support go-to-market plans.
- Up to 2 years of experience.
- Bachelorâs degree in a quantitative, financial discipline, or engineering.
- MBA from a premier institute is preferred.
- CFA charter or candidature (at least passed Level II) is preferred.
- Hands on experience with creating Strategic Beta (Factor), ESG Indexes or similar rules-based quantitative investment strategies is preferred.
- Knowledge of institutional investing, modern portfolio theory, and portfolio construction processes.
- Excellent documentation habits, oral and written communication and presentation skills including ability to distil complex ideas into simple explanations.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
I10_MstarIndiaPvtLtd Morningstar India Private Ltd. (Delhi) Legal Entity
Morningstarâs hybrid work environment gives you the opportunity to work remotely and collaborate in-person each week. Weâve found that weâre at our best when weâre purposely together on a regular basis, at least three days each week. A range of other benefits are also available to enhance flexibility as needs change. No matter where you are, youâll have tools and resources to engage meaningfully with your global colleagues.