Urban Input Group is an independent, Spanish, real estate multi-strategy asset manager and developer focused on active and special situations investing. Its mission is to deliver specialized and flexible real estate, creating long-term sustainable projects that people are excited to occupy. We focus on our people delivering quality and best in-class service, acting with integrity, and building a culture of honesty where relationships are based on trust. Urban Input Group strives to attract and retain best talent that embraces and drives change, continuously striving to innovate and build value within our community and the assets we manage.
The group has a dedicated team of just under 60 employees with a solid leadership oversight that has a proven track record in investment management, deal sourcing, transactions, structuring, asset management and development. We have managed over 39 projects and €2.0bn GDV since inception, through a diversified portfolio across Spain and asset classes including PRS, office, residential for sale, land banking and regeneration, senior living, and hospitality, providing direct and diversified real estate investment opportunities to private and institutional investors. Urban Input Group has established and grown multiple brands to manage specific asset classes, including UNIQ, its development arm, which was founded shortly after its inception in 2014.
At UIG we put environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues front and center in the development and implementation of our strategies. We are committed to work on improving energy efficiency and creating sustainable environments backed by achieving the highest certifications.
Your mission will be...
We require an experienced Asset Manager to join the Special Situations team in Madrid or Barcelona. The team has a clear specialization to detect and manage special situations opportunities achieving risk-adjusted returns by untangling highly complex situations backed by premium underlying real estate assets. Currently with c.€500m asset value in our portfolio, we are currently looking for an asset management role to manage and report on some of our current projects. The role will be helping with all tasks related to the on-going management of these projects.Tasks will include:
What are we looking for
- Servicing and strategic management of NPLs, overseeing the legal procedures and negotiation with borrowers
- Overview and address main challenges related to the management of different real estate assets (premium resi, hospitality, land, etc.)
- Lead and frequently meet with hotel operators, suppliers, brokers, property managers, staff, rental managers, etc.
- Assist with the setup of planning of tasks for the efficient management of the assets.
- Lead and manage asset management financial models to provide best-in-class recommendations to top management and C-Level.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and/or ad-hoc reporting to investors.
- Report to the Director.
- Negotiation with suppliers.
- Preparation and tracking of Capex and Opex budgets.
- Organise and attend commercial visits for investors, potential buyers, etc.
- Occasional/regular travel on-site (currently most of the assets are located in Balearic Islands, Barcelona, Marbella and Portugal among others);
- Assist during the exit process of these assets
A professional with 3-5 years experience in Real Estate Assets and Non Performing Loans Management. The following will be necessary:
- Comfortable with Excel asset management and financial models (Power BI knowledge can be a plus);
- Comfortable creating presentations for a demanding professional audience;
- Advanced level of English and Spanish, written and spoken (Portuguese can be a plus)
- University degree in a relevant field (engineering, real estate, architecture, finance, etc.);
- Technical/engineering experience can be a plus.
- Notable communication skills.
- A genuine interest in the field of real estate asset management.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ direct experience in real estate asset management.
- Interest in sustainability trends (ESG).
We are looking for an organised, proactive and highly reliable person with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
We are a highly professional team and a company with strong growth.This is what you can expect from us:
- A steep learning curve and working in a horizontal team environment.
- Learn about the different dimensions of real estate investment.
- Working closely with highly professional international capital partners and investors.
- Flexible work arrangements (learning tools, etc.).
- Availability to travel (mainly, but not limited to, Balearic Islands and other Spanish locations).
- Competitive base salary plus team objectives and individual objectives linked bonus