At abrdn we empower our clients to plan, save and invest for their futures.
Through the expertise, insight and innovation of our team, we aim to help clients create more ways for money to make an impact. We set our sights on giving them more confidence to achieve their goals, and more clarity about what they need next. And we focus on delivering outcomes that are more than just financial – by investing sustainably to build a better world.About The Department
abrdn manage over €63bn of real assets globally and real estate represents the largest asset class within that with €45bn in AUM, covering direct, indirect, and listed real estate strategies.
Based in Frankfurt, the Asset Management Nordics and Subsidiary Markets team is focused on the active management of our real estate assets (e.g., office buildings, retail parks, logistics and residential sites) in the Nordics, Poland and Austria. Their work makes a meaningful input to the contribution of fund performance and ultimately client satisfaction.About The Role
Responsible for monitoring the active management of real estate assets on property level, the Asset Manager will assist in optimising returns within the risk parameters of the fund mandate and in conjunction with the fund strategy. The role requires a detailed understanding and analysis of the portfolio of assets, setting individual asset plans with targets and budgets for the next 12+ months and 3 /5 /10 years (depending on client requirements). The role involves working closely with the Transaction Team, Fund Managers/Deputy Fund Managers (FM/DFM), Development Team and AM Hub Europe Team.
Duties and responsibilities focus around the following areas and include:Approach
- Work in collaboration with external asset and property management partners and internal abrdn teams (including fund management, development management, transactions, leasing, legal, property management, ESG, insurance, treasury, research and Asset Management Hub Europe) to deliver asset management initiatives and outcomes in line with agreed investment plans for client portfolios.
- Interface and coordination of the activities of property managers and external service providers in the implementation of asset management and investment plans.
- Assist the FM team in the formulation of fund strategy and preparation of IC papers and participate in the review of investment plans or ICs as appropriate.
- Support AM Hub Europe and FM in the preparation of investment plans.
- Assist in the preparation of asset management plans in accordance with the investment plan requirements and client requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for the client's assets and present to all relevant internal parties.
- Develop and assist in the development and implementation of leasing strategies.
- Collaborate with fund management/ development management and research in the preparation and presentation of proposals for transactions, financing arrangements and CAPEX measures for the IC.
- Contribute to IC papers prior to presentation to the IC, particularly in relation to projects and investments.
- Assist the transactions team in the Asset acquisition/disposal process
- Support the internal processes around SPV management
- Actively manage the external property managers for which they are responsible to the highest standards of professionalism and market best practice.
- Assist in the implementation of the asset management plan in accordance with the agreed schedule.
- Ensure good relationships with external service partners in asset and property management.
- Ensure good relationships with internal departments and interfaces.
- Participating in and assisting with negotiations on transactions, investments, lettings, zoning/ planning and other activities related to the client's assets.
- Ensuring that legal documentation, statutory documents, management records, property data room and other relevant data are up to date.
- To update the asset management plans in line with the agreed reporting timetable.
- To ensure data quality of property managers in close cooperation with AM Hub Europe.
- To support Property Controlling/ AM Hub Europe in the preparation of client reports and provision of information for valuations as required.
- To keep the line manager and FM/DFM updated on the progress on main targets in the appropriate Investment Plan.
Skills And Experience
- To report all breaches of policy, compliance and anti-money laundering requirements on SWORD along with any material risks to the client mandate.
- To ensure compliance with AAM anti money laundering and TCF policies (Treating Customers Fairly).
- To maintain appropriate levels of CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
- To ensure compliance with all regulations, investment guidelines and restrictions regarding the mandate
- At least 7 years of professional experience in the institutional real estate sector desirable, ideally in the real estate asset management industry.
- Somebody with the capability for successfully completing lettings, development and complicated active asset management projects.
- Somebody with the ability to develop a solid market reputation and key contacts with occupiers, developers and owners.
- Somebody with the ability to independently develop solutions for complex topics.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Significant professional experience in the institutional real estate sector, ideally in an asset management capacity.
- Experience in lease negotiations and development of leasing strategies ideally in an international environment.
- Experience in managing external partners.
- Strong negotiation, communication, presentation & relationship building skills.
- Fluency in English language
- Analytical thinking & organisational skills
- Independent, solution-oriented and well-structured way of working.
- Team working
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with a RE Budget planning tool (e.g., Argus Enterprise) is desirable.
- Strong interest in an international environment.
- Willingness to travel
There's more to working life than coming home with a good salary. We have an environment where you can learn, get involved and be supported.
When you join us, your reward will be one of the best around, a company pension scheme, a discretionary, performance-based bonus, blended working approach and a range of additional benefits.
Our Inclusive Culture
We are committed to exploring the possibilities of working smarter. This means we’d like to hear from you, whatever way you like to work.
We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone. If you need assistance or a reasonable adjustment due to a disability, please let us know as part of your application and we will assist. You can find out more about our inclusive culture here.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.