To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
This exciting position is designed to support the advancement of Salesforce’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Reporting and disclosure capabilities. This role will assist in the preparation, implementation and execution of Salesforce’s ESG financial reporting requirements and work cross functionally to analyze and advance our ESG reporting globally. The candidate ideally has direct experience with ESG Finance and must be capable of connecting with senior management and senior members of Salesforce’s external service providers.
The ideal applicant will be a “quick study;” be viewed as a strong “go to” leader; have excellent interpersonal competence; and demonstrate skills to handle the ESG reporting process, multitask opposing priorities, build positive relationships and trust simultaneously and be secure in communicating in front of an audience.
This individual will also be a liaison among a mix of associates of the CFO’s global finance team and the Chief Impact Officer’s sustainability teams, among other teams, and will be involved in several initiatives to optimize and improve Salesforce’s financial reporting and infrastructure.
- Assess regulatory ESG reporting compliance requirements including CSRD, SEC human capital and climate requirements, ISSB, California (SB 253) relevant to Salesforce and implement required regulatory reporting
- Support Salesforce’s voluntary ESG reporting (Stakeholder Impact Report), including validating claims and data points.
- Support ESG controls creation and implementation for purposes of public disclosure
- Support annual third-party assurance of ESG metrics with external auditors
- Review Environmental and Social metrics and understand the reporting ramifications with regards to new disclosures and requirements. Restate prior year data if needed.
- Support required materiality assessments for in-scope Salesforce entities
- Support ESG disclosure gap assessments
- Support implementation of internal and external ESG reporting tools
- Maintain library of ESG language for use in statutory requirements
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities including supporting our external reporting team
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years working experience
- Able to work in a dynamic and growth environment
- Comfortable working with a third party / professional services organization
- Basic knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks, standards and reporting requirements, such as GHG Protocol, TCFD, ESRS, ISSB, SASB, GRI.
- Able to interact with executives and across functions
- Professional written and verbal communication including documentation of process and controls.
- Finance background - Familiarity with finance concepts / language
- Self-starter willing to take initiative on projects
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment
- Experience in gathering requirements for technical implementations
- Project Management experience
- Experience in a Finance related field
- Experience writing portions of mandatory reporting ex 10Qs and 10K
- Experience in controls documentation and gap analysis
- Familiarity with supporting an external audit
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.