We work together on solutions that benefit all parties: solutions that are good for our customers, society and the world around us. Our goal is to stimulate the transition to a sustainable world.
What does this mean for our clients? How can we stimulate their transition to a sustainable world in which taking care of people, nature and the climate go hand in hand with revenue models? What new financing products are needed for this and how do we ensure Rabobank can grant, check and service those efficiently without taking unknown risks?
If you want to play a key role in answering those questions and make sustainable finance an integral part of the credit journey, then we would be happy to welcome you in our team.
You and your job
You will work in a team of highly skilled experts who challenge you and are challenged by you. Like you, they are passionate about getting Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) right for the bank, including sustainable finance. Your ambition, analysis and solutions drive change for the whole bank in this area. You bring structure to complexity and strive for continuous improvement together with a broad group of colleagues.
- You identify risks and opportunities, and design solutions to make Rabobank's sustainable finance ambitions an integrated part of our credit offering.
- You engage with bank-wide stakeholders that are working on improving our sustainable lending: from mortgages to project finance, and from Appelscha to Argentina.
- You support the granting of credit that empowers the transition of our clients’ business to a future-proof and sustainable business model.
- You dive into the content, keep up with the latest ESG developments and inform others about what is new.
- You recommend actions to senior management with the aim to improve and grow our gr our green lending products, balancing the various considerations which you have analyzed
Top 3 responsibilities
- Cooperate: Manage the stakeholder field in the bank, building relationships in the growing and highly active field of ESG;
- Solve: take charge of the complex puzzle that is the design of the key components in the Credit Journey involving sustainable finance;
- Execute: we all want the perfect end-state, but you find the small steps we can take to get there iteratively and pragmatically.
Facts & Figures
- You will be part of the growing Expertise Team Credit Risk Framework (ET CRF) with 18 other colleagues. Two of these are already working on sustainable lending, with more to come.
- The ET delivers content knowledge to the 4 Areas of the Tribe CreditCore that empower the Credit Risk Cycle for Rabobank, including Area EARTH which is in the lead on all things ESG that affect the credit journey.
- Amongst other things, we manage >1500 pages of EU (European Union) regulation…
- … and 17 Group-level policy documents on various aspects of credit risk and ESG.
- You will be together with 250+ colleagues in the Tribe CreditCore, and a total of 43,822 Rabobank colleagues around the world
- have at least 7 years of experience in roles giving you exposure to credit lending and/or sustainable finance for example in a commercial role, as part of a risk function or a similar department.
- completed a university degree in finance, accounting, management science, law or a related topic;
- have excellent command of English in both speaking and writing; Dutch is a plus;
- are good at perceiving needs of all stakeholders and sides: from customer, management and team to product, market, organization and your own vision;
- are a self-starter, focused on the solution to improve banking business and credit risk management with an ability to understand the context of questions and challenges;
- can think freely with strong analytical skills, a structured approach to solving problems, and pro-active attitude;
- want to get better every day, with a drive for excellence and continuous improvement of our deliverables and yourself as a professional;
This is what we offer you
- Between € 3,518 up to € 5,024 gross monthly salary per month (job grade 8 or 9) depending on your level of experience;
- thirteenth month's salary and 8% holiday allowance;
- an extra budget of 10% or 11% of your gross salary to be used at your discretion. Buy extra holiday hours, add more to your pension savings or ask for part of the extra budget to be paid out;
- a personal development budget of € 1,400- for your learning needs;
- a combination of working from home and at the office, with the possibility to order home working facilities (desk, chair and screen) and a monthly home working allowance of up to € 40;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is 3.5% or 5.5% (your choice);
- 151.2 hours holiday per year + 1 Diversity Day per year.
This is a selection of the terms of employment based on a 36-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
Reply to the vacancy for Senior Expert – Sustainable Finance at Rabobank before August 10th 2023.
- Any questions about the job content? Contact: Jesse van Egmond, team lead of the ET Credit Risk Framework, at email@example.com
- Responses will be handled in accordance with vacancy management.
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Contact: Joris Opdam, corporate recruiter, at Joris.Opdam@rabobank.nl
- A security (background) check is part of the hiring process.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on rabobank.jobs/en/faq.