About the job
Blue Dot Capital
is a sustainable finance consultancy. We partner with financial services firms to support the end-to-end development and execution of ESG and impact investing programs, capabilities, and products. Our clients and partners include traditional and alternative asset managers, family offices, and data providers.
We are looking to hire full-time Associates or Senior Associates to support client engagements.
● Work with clients to support their ESG integration, portfolio management, product development, research, and reporting projects.
● Develop analytical ESG frameworks informed by best practices to deliver actionable integration recommendations for clients.
● Provide guidance to clients on integration of material ESG factors to inform and enhance investment decision-making and portfolio engagement.
● Research and develop content for a variety of collateral like thematic white papers, annual ESG reports, miscellaneous investor communications, etc.
● Work with our ESG SaaS partners to support clients’ ESG and impact measurement and monitoring
● Work with clients to establish alignment to ESG disclosure requirements like emerging regulatory guidelines and frameworks/standards (GRI, SASB, CDP, TCFD, etc.).
● Ability to cut through the ESG noise and present rigorous, evidence-based, actionable advice to clients.
● Work with client teams to develop processes and ensure timely completion of thorough, high-quality deliverables.
● Be an active member of new pitches (Associates will be provided required coaching).
● Contribute towards growing Blue Dot’s internal research and content suite.
● Contribute to the team’s learning and help colleagues to stay on top of ESG developments and news.
● Serve as a Blue Dot ambassador and professionally represent the firm and our perspectives within our industry.
● Preferred experience – 1-3 years (Associate) and 3-5 years (Senior Associate) in: i) ESG program management role at a financial services firm ii) client management role at a consulting firm engaging with clients on their ESG program management iii) research, product development, product strategist roles at a data provider or iv) ESG industry/advocacy group.
● Commitment to constant learning is one of our core values. We are looking for colleagues who are as steadfastly committed to learning (and relearning) about ESG and sustainable finance as we are.
● Decarbonization strategy formulation and implementation experience and/or academic background will be considered a very significant plus.
● Keen interest and a commitment to critically evaluate ESG topics, regulatory guidelines, standards, data solutions, etc.
● Comfortable engaging with client team members across various levels. We are looking for candidates who enjoy client interactions.
● Ability to perform comprehensive research on a wide range of E, S, and G topics and succinctly present decision-useful findings and recommendations.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to work on multiple, concurrent client engagements.
● Authorized to work in the United States.
· This is a full-time position based in New York.
· We are a remote-first company. We convene from time to time for client meetings, internal planning sessions, and team-building opportunities.
· If you are from a traditionally underrepresented group or a first-generation college student, we are keen to hear from you and hope that you will consider applying.
· We are a growing startup so if you are looking for a high-paced, roll-up-your-sleeves work environment with accelerated opportunities to grow and learn, you should check us out.
· If you are looking for variety in your work assignments, you should definitely check us out.
· Annual base salary will range between $90,000 - $120,000 for Senior Associates and $80,000 - $90,000 for Associates based in New York. Annual performance bonus is based on performance review at the completion of each year at the firm.
Please send your resume along with 1- 2 recent writing samples on relevant topics to email@example.com. Applications without writing samples will not be considered.