This role will lead our Business Development efforts with bank broker dealers related to our Americas ETF Capital Markets business. More specifically, this individual will be responsible for defining and executing on our capital markets strategy to leverage our bank broker dealer partnerships to support and drive revenue in SPDR ETFs. Additionally, this role will manage Tier 1 accounts, seeking to increase liquidity provision, distribution, and the use of SPDR ETFs within their securities businesses.As Senior Capital Markets Specialist, You Will
- Define and execute on Business Development efforts with bank broker dealers in the US
- Responsible for revenue generation within the broker dealer community – liquidity provision, using ETFs as a hedging vehicle across various risk books and trading desks
- Manage relationships for Tier 1 liquidity provider partners – engaging with issuer relationship managers, ETF / portfolio, delta one, securities financing, and fixed income sales and trading desks on the use of SPDR ETFs and joint distribution opportunities
- Lead projects and working groups, both internal and external, involving the Capital Markets Group
- Develop thought leadership and commentary for our sales team and clients on key Capital Markets topics related to or impacting ETFs
- Represent Capital Markets within the industry across broker dealer, media, and PR partners
Liquidity Provider Coverage
- ETF Sales & Trading, Equity Portfolio Sales & Trading, FICC Sales & Trading, Delta One and Equity Derivative Sales & Trading and Prime Brokerage
- Regional and Global Relationship Management teams at banks
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Collaborate with teams across SSGA and other State Street business divisions to maximize liquidity provider relationships
- Facilitate an understanding of our ETF business strategy and priorities and align with business objectives and results
- Deliver risk excellence and support the business as a whole through internal and external relationship development
- In this role, you will work collaboratively with:
- ETF Sales Strategy Group
- SSGA Client Relationship Group
- ETF Strategic Partners Group
- SSGA Investments
- SSGA Marketing
- SSGA Product
- 10+ years of sales, trading, or ETF capital markets experience
- Very strong markets background; you have keen understating of the dynamics that drive capital markets; Knowledge of equity derivatives a plus
- Strong understanding of how broker dealers use ETFs across securities business and where we can deliver solutions and influence use of SPDR ETFs
- Sales related experience – history of client coverage and revenue generation
- Prior experience setting strategy and executing priorities
- You are a good influencer and have strong partnering skills - with clients and stakeholders
- Proficient with Bloomberg, Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- You have professional curiosity to identify and drive improvements and opportunities with a willingness to get into the detail and frame the solution
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate industry and product knowledge
- Ability to build relationships within our team, across our organization, and with our clients
- Enthusiasm for the industry, a positive attitude, and a drive to succeed
- You have strong ethics and integrity with a strong risk radar and dedicated approach to resolve issues
- You are confident and credible to achieve consensus with both internal and external parties, with well-rounded communication skills to enable articulation of complex matters in straight-forward manner
- You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Highly motivated, proactive, team player
- You are a motivated leader – build relationships, communicate effectively, empower others
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Salary Range
$135,000 - $217,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
Job ID: R-742447