Develop What Will Be Important Tomorrow.
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. We see this as an opportunity to rise to them. For example, by asking: how can people’s lives be improved? Help us look for the right answers. Let’s develop together what will be important tomorrow. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, intelligently driving things forward, and taking things into one´s own hands. All with the goal of helping society move towards a more sustainable future. We invest in technology with purpose - be it to decarbonize transportation and industries, to provide access to healthcare or to build digital infrastructure. Therefore, we motivate our employees to pursue their projects with fervor, to analyze and question things. This is how we can tackle the most important projects and push them forward together.
Welcome to our world.
Have impact by improving people’s life:
Whether in renewable energies, transportation, agriculture technology or healthcare, infrastructure projects and investments often require substantial amounts of financing. Siemens Financial Services Equity Finance (SFS EQ) offers a broad variety of equity financing solutions to make these projects happen, both for the customer and the involved Siemens Operating and Strategic companies. SFS EQ takes an active owner role by providing up to 50% of the required equity of a project or investment over the life-time (development, construction, operation).
We Make Real What Matters. This Is Your Role.
What part will you play?
You will play an integral part in advancing our Sustainability agenda, in implementing sustainable finance strategies for the portfolio and in advising management and transaction teams in their assessments and risk management of ESG factors in investments.
- Define Environmental Social Government (ESG) framework and ESG priorities for SFS EQ together with the rest of the Sustainability team.
- Develop actionable plans to implement SFS EQ’s ESG priorities and to set ambitious, but realistic ESG targets across all investments within the SFS EQ portfolio.
- Drive further development of ESG-related aspects of processes and tools (including digitization initiatives) to support target achievement
- Serve as subject matter expert on EU Taxonomy and other similar sustainability-related initiatives and regulations affecting the EQ business and provide guidance to transaction teams and decision makers in ambiguous ESG situations
- Act as liaison to SFS Sustainability experts and to other business units within SFS on ESG related topics and coordinate SFS EQ input for company-wide ESG initiatives.
- Coordinate and lead sustainability related reporting activities for SFS EQ in close collaboration with all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Foster ESG training and learning programs within SFS EQ sustainability initiatives and people transformation topics.
- Act as governance owner for ESG escalation process to SFS EQ management and SFS management.
- Research sustainability-related corporate governance, legal, disclosure frameworks, to develop best-in-class practices in equity investments and other matters in order to navigate the evolving ESG environment.
What you need to make real what matters.
For a Senior Consultant, you will have 12+ years working in financial services, asset management, in a private equity firm or a consulting company, preferably with a dedicated focus on sustainable finance.
For a Consultant, you will have 8+ years working in financial services, asset management, in a private equity firm or a consulting company, preferably with a dedicated focus on sustainable finance.
- You are passionate about ESG and you understand how ESG can unlock value in investments.
- You hold a degree in Finance, Business Administration, Sciences, IT or a related field, preferably with additional ESG qualifications.
- You have worked in financial services, asset management, in a private equity firm or a consulting company for at least 8 years, preferably with a dedicated focus on sustainable finance.
- You are curious, ambitious, self-reflective, embrace challenges as growth opportunities, and have a strong affinity for working in diverse teams.
- Up to 20% travel required for this role.
Do you want to know more about us?
We at Siemens Financial Services provide business-to-business financial solutions. Our unique combination of financial expertise, risk competence and industry know-how enable us to create tailored innovative financial solutions. We have our headquarters in Munich, Germany and almost 3,000 employees worldwide. Follow this link to discover our world: www.siemens.com/finance.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The pay range for this position is $104,400 - $223,700 with an annual incentive target. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.