Florida Power & Light Company is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy’s vision is to be the largest, most profitable clean energy provider in the world with the best skills and capabilities across the industry. This vision is informed by our values: we are committed to excellence; we do the right thing and we treat people with respect.
Our vision informs our strategy that includes a focus on the importance of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues that have been a part of everything we do for more than 25 years. We are passionate about generating clean, renewable energy, while protecting the environment and giving back to the community.
NextEra Energy is seeking a Senior ESG Analyst to join the Corporate Secretary team to help address the ever-changing sustainability landscape and best tell our ESG leadership story. This role will serve as NextEra Energy’s lead on Environmental, Social and Governance issues and reporting. In this role you will help stakeholders understand NextEra Energy and NextEra Energy Partners’ performance, goals, risks and energy industry dynamics, and act as the team’s primary contact on ESG-related topics and strategic planning.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Supporting strategic planning for the development, execution, and evolution of the company’s sustainability strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders and in alignment with the company’s overall vision and goals
- Strong working relationship with Marketing & Communications, Environmental Services and Human Resources
- Monitoring trends, benchmarking and addressing company performance in environmental, social and governance reporting and rankings
- Representing the company at sustainability/ESG-related conferences and workgroups, including potential speaking engagements.
- Create and implement annual ESG reporting and communications plan and support the development of other sustainability communications
- Manage ESG data collection and review process to ensure accuracy and timely collection. Identify and implement opportunities to systemize data collection and reporting processes.
- Lead ESG engagement with top investors in advance of annual shareholder meeting and during offseason outreach efforts
- Track evolution of key shareholder proposals; Actively engage with top investors to understand views on emerging issues and shape corporate response to this feedback
- Manage peer analysis on corporate reporting
- Lead internal sustainability council
- Monitor, review and propose changes to third party ESG ratings
Additional Preferred Experience
A successful candidate has experience with various sustainability reporting, ratings and related topics, ability to maintain relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders, proficient at interacting with the public at public meetings or during other outreach events and advanced oral and written communication skills, analysis and problem solving.
- Relevant experience preferably in corporate governance, corporate reporting, corporate sustainability / ESG reporting, and/or investment stewardship
- Experience with corporate sustainability reporting frameworks including SASB, TCFD, CDP, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sustainability issues, disclosure practices, and industry-wide trends
- Expertise in written and oral communications. Strong presentation skills.
- Experience with preparation of executive-ready PowerPoint presentations
- Strong project and time management skills
- Highly detail oriented
Employees in this job are responsible for providing expert environmental support for new and existing facilities including due diligence, permitting, regulatory compliance, regulatory interpretation and development, and interface with Federal, State, and Regional agencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the company's compliance with environmental requirements
- Performs comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews
- Assists with facility compliance audits
- Conducts environmental licensing and permitting activities
- Supports environmental aspects of company operations, such as, compliance, reporting, monitoring, remediation, and environmental permitting functions
- Monitors and analyzes environmental policies and regulations that affect the company and its customers
- Provides the necessary support to staff to resolve environmental matters
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 4+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Legal/Regulatory/External Affairs
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.