Do you want to work with Environmental, Social and Governance assessments and monitoring within development finance focusing on some of the world’s most challenging and inspiring countries? We are looking for an Senior ESG Manager to join our ESG Team on a permanent position in Stockholm.
As an Senior ESG Manager you will be part of Swedfund’s ESG Team that is responsible for integrating ESG considerations into our investment process and developing our sustainability approach. You will be involved in ESG analysis of new potential investments, monitoring our current portfolio companies’ ESG performance, assisting them develop ESG management systems and value creation activities, supporting responsible exits as applicable, and contributing to Swedfund’s sustainability framework, tools, and reporting.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Conducting ESG due diligence analysis of new potential investments
• Executing analyses, preparing concise, and compelling presentations for the Investment Committee and others
• Monitoring portfolio companies’ ESG performance through annual online surveys, meetings and site visits, monitoring implementation of ESG Action Plans and providing recommendations
• Reporting on the implementation of the ESG framework in individual portfolio companies and at portfolio level
• Working cross-functionally to facilitate the development and execution of successful ESG strategies, and program initiatives for our portfolio of companies
• Keeping abreast of ESG and corporate governance trends at the regulatory and industry level
• 10 years of professional experience in responsible investment and sustainability, holding key roles in ESG and sustainability
• Documented leadership skills
• Demonstrated experience in leading and delivering professional services as a trusted advisor
• Experience and knowledge of IFC Performance Standards and ILO Conventions is required
• Experience and knowledge of decent work incl. labour conditions and terms of employment, human rights, gender and social safeguards, and UN Sustainable Development Agenda is desirable
• Experience and knowledge from the financial sector (financial institutions and/or PE funds) is an advantage
• Understanding of the work of leading Development Finance organisations such as IFC, Worldbank or EDFIs is an advantage
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field is required, with emphasis in sustainability or social studies, financial or business studies
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in English is required, additional language skills in French is an advantage
• Experience from developing countries such as Sub-Sahara Africa is an advantage
We are looking for a dynamic person, passionate about driving results in a fast-paced organisation, with a proven ability of working effectively and to deliver quality results in a time conscious manner. Ability to collaborate and work in a cross functional team is key; as is the capability to function well individually, and in physical and virtual groups and settings. Travel to developing countries should be expected and forms a necessary part of the work.
In this recruitment Swedfund is collaborating with SJR Executive Search. For more information, please contact responsible Senior Consultant Hendrik Dahlgren at 070-471 59 03 or Research Consultant Emelie Jorland at 072-066 02 98. We will start interviewing for the position at the later part of August.
We work with competence-based methodology and use psychometric tests as part of the selection process to ensure an unbiased recruitment process. Please also note that your application should not contain sensitive personal information, such as details about health, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, or union membership.
We look forward to reading your application!
Swedfund International AB is the Swedish government’s development finance institution managed by the Swedish Ministry of Finance. We aim to contribute to poverty reduction through sustainable investments in the world’s poorest countries and play a vital role in both development cooperation and the implementation of Agenda 2030. Since its establishment in 1979 and ever since, Swedfund has invested in businesses, financial institutions and funds in countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Eastern Europe. We have been engaged as an active, responsible and long-term investor in more than 260 companies worldwide, providing equity, loans and expertise, as well as investing on commercial terms together with strategic partners. At the end of 2022, Swedfund had 64 investments in companies, financial institutions and funds, with 65 percent of the portfolio being located in sub-Saharan Africa.. Swedfund has offices in Stockholm, Sweden, Nairobi, Kenya, and Abidjan, Ivory Coast. with a total average of 70 employees.