State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors with over $4 trillion in assets under management and a heritage dating back over two centuries. Backed by the strength and stability of the State Street organization, SSGA makes continual investments in asset management and client servicing platforms, resulting in a client-focused, solutions-driven orientation.
The ESG Research and Development team is tasked with building quantitative ESG scoring models, constructing and maintaining the SSGA ESG data architecture and infrastructure, collaborating with all of the various investment teams across multiple asset classes to create innovative sustainable strategies, writing industry-leading thought leadership in the ESG space, and working alongside distribution, sales, strategy and client reporting to provide clients and regulators with the required reports and analytics.
- Help drive State Street Global Advisors’ ESG data efforts, with particular focus on equity asset classes-specific and thematic datasets such as climate solutions, impact investing , and negative screening
- Become the key point of contact for all ESG data and research expertise across asset classes
- Work alongside the Global Equity Beta Solutions, Active Quantitative Equity, Fixed Income, Cash and Currency research team and portfolio managers to identify ESG inputs and criteria to power and construct strategies and products
- Keep abreast of all enhancements in ESG data, analytics, models, and reporting tools
- Assist the State Street Global Advisors’ ESG regulatory efforts by providing data and analysis to support external and public reporting and disclosure
- Conduct in-depth quantitative analysis and use it to author ESG-related thought pieces and white papers
- Mentor and lead a team of ESG quant research analysts
- Degree in Computer Science or similar, quantitative discipline. 6+ years of experience as a quant or data analyst
- Proficient in Python, SQL, databases, and data analytics
- Familiarity with equity and fixed income vehicles and strategies
- Experience with Factset, Axioma, and other financial software preferred
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to summarize complex requirements and information and distill that into digestible, key points
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to execute independently and also maintain strong team orientation