This is an exciting opportunity to join the Worldwide Sustainability (WWS) Finance team to support Amazon’s sustainability initiatives focused on waste and water. In this role, you will work on developing the ESG reporting capabilities for actuals and long-term forecasts related to waste and water across Amazon.
As a Senior Finance Manager, you will work closely with Sustainability leads across Amazon to develop business strategies and analytical insights for supporting Amazon’s sustainability goals. This is a chance to work hard, have fun, and make history.
Key job responsibilities
- Serve as the lead finance partner for coordinating waste and water related sustainability efforts across Amazon.
- Support ESG regulatory reporting on waste and water metrics.
- Define the reporting boundaries for waste and water.
- Develop forecasts for waste and water consumption.
- Perform various ad hoc analyses to help business leaders solve business problems and understand the financial implications
- Influence business decisions with effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and modeling, and presentation of options and alternatives
- Drive P&L financials and implement control and compliance mechanisms
- Develop new ESG performance metrics to strategically manage the business
- Manage a team to effectively address priorities and provide career coaching
- Develop scalable solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity
- Be able to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
The successful candidate will have shown experiences in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a finance leader with long term vision, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has close interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, this role requires strong business sense and capability to independently drive business partnership.
This position can be in Seattle or one of the hub locations.
- 12+ years of tax, finance or a related analytical field experience
- 3+ years of performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools experience
- 10+ years of positions that require analysis and reporting financial results experience
- 5+ years of hiring, leading and developing teams experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment similar to a high-tech start-up
- CFA, or MBA
- Experience with ESG regulatory environment and corresponding data requirements
- Experience with ESG reporting criteria such as GHG protocol and TCFD.
- Strong track record of earning trust from business partnership and driving cross-organization changes
- Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of alternatives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $122,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $227,700/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A2374386