West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, listed on the TSX and NYSE. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canadaâs Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We have over 11,000 employees and operations in Canada, Southern United States, United Kingdom and Belgium.
West Fraser continues to invest in our manufacturing facilities to ensure they are modern and competitive. We have a sustainable forestry practice and continue to innovate our processes and diversify our products, including investing in bioenergy.
Our Office, Located In Vancouver, British Columbia, Has An Opening For An Experienced
Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path.
Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting
Our Vancouver office is looking for an experienced finance professional to join the Finance team supporting Financial Reporting activities. This role is part of a team responsible for general ledger account structure, consolidation, eliminations, currency translation, and internal and external reporting. This team is responsible for collecting data, reviewing the data for accuracy, and performing analysis for our financial reporting and assisting in the design, development, and implementation of processes to capture, record and report financial information. It is also expected this team will participate in the evolving world of Environmental, Social, and Governance (âESGâ) reporting as it grows in prominence in the reporting world.
We operate in a multi-currency and multi-jurisdictional environment, which requires complicated foreign currency translation accounting. A strong understanding of functional and reporting currency is needed to ensure internal and external financial reporting accuracy. Experience preparing or auditing complex consolidated cash flow statements is considered an asset.
We are looking for a self-starter, creative problem solver, and strong communicator who thrives on new challenges and has an achievement-oriented mindset. You are curious, have an aptitude for innovation, bring continuous improvement strategies to the process, and have strong analytical skills. You will need to partner with cross-functional teams, including our corporate accounting, operational accounting, financial planning & analysis, and sustainability teams.
We believe in continuous employee development and have a subject matter expert (SME) approach for our finance team. Our accountants have the opportunity to master an area of accounting, then move to develop expertise in another subject area of finance and accounting. The result is a well-rounded professional with a broad range of experience that is promotable to other roles within finance.
We have operations in Canada, the U.S. and Europe. Occasional travel will be required.
- Prepare or approve journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis. Ensure corporate accounting policies and best practices are applied.
- Prepare quarter-end and year-end working papers to support financial, ESG, and tax reporting. Responsible for analyzing the data gathered, following up on unusual variances and documenting the findings.
- Assist with the preparation of the consolidation files and the consolidated and legal entity financial statements and notes.
- Prepare data for various government surveys and other reporting as required.
- Improve processes and reporting, create efficiencies, and automate procedures including internal controls.
- Participate in system upgrade and process improvement projects, including the testing and documentation of changes.
- Travel to locations outside Vancouver may be required.
- Ad hoc and special projects, as required.
- Professional accounting designation in a public accounting firm.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- A detailed and proactive approach to work.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular, Excel.
- Experience with SOX compliance and internal controls over financial reporting are considered an asset.
- Experience driving automation and process improvements in financial reporting processes considered an asset.
- Experience with Oracle EBS, Oracle EPM, JDE accounting software, and BI reporting, are considered an asset.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.