Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
As a Senior Manager in the Accounting & External Reporting team, this role will support the advancement of Mondelēz’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Reporting and disclosure capabilities. The role will report into the Director, External Reporting. This role will lead the preparation, implementation and execution of Mondelēz’s ESG financial reporting requirements and work cross functionally to analyze and advance our ESG reporting globally.
- Lead global efforts to monitor and analyze sustainability financial reporting requirements to provide guidance on complying with requirements; ensure consistency of approach across global jurisdictions
- Manage the implementation of new accounting/sustainability standards (including SEC climate related guidance, EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive, and other global or country sustainability reporting requirements) and related accounting policies
- Managing the oversight, authoring and reporting of ESG related disclosures in SEC filings (10-K/10-Q, 8-K, Earnings Release, Proxy, etc.); keeping current on evolving disclosure trends in the industry and advising and evaluating current disclosures
- Ensure that ESG disclosure requirements (including those expected from the SEC and EU) are properly vetted and implemented in a well-controlled process from an end-to-end perspective
- Author documentation of technical research and interpretations to ensure compliance with regulatory financial reporting requirements
- Assess existing reporting processes including, input assessment, data capture, assessment of processes, controls and governance, and evaluation of system capabilities and lead implementation of process improvements that reduce risk, create efficiencies and ensure reporting integrity and assurance
- Optimize emerging technology to better serve stakeholder needs
- Support organizational leadership in their understanding of ESG disclosures and any related implications
What You Will Bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- BUSINESS ACUMEN and understanding of our business and finance beyond the accounting and external reporting scope. Big Four accounting firm experience preferred.
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS including proven business partnering and communication skills across a large global, public company. Experience working as a global finance leader managing global, cross-functional and business partner teams to drive timely and accurate results.
- GROWTH/DIGITAL MINDSET and the ability to identify strategic opportunities and leverage technology to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- INTEGRITY and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values, policies and external regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or similar degree
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 10 or more years of Accounting experience
- Prior Big 4 Audit and/or ESG regulatory reporting experience preferred
- Knowledge of the current global and evolving ESG regulatory reporting landscape is a plus
- Experience in a multinational company is ideal
- Hyperion and SAP experience is strongly preferred
- Extremely systems savvy with exceptional Excel skills
- Strong understanding of reporting systems, processes and control frameworks
- Demonstrated sound, well-structured and excellent analytical capabilities
- Clear and concise communicator both written and in presentation form
- Ability to combine strategic vision and thinking with everyday tactical detail with a strong orientation to action
- Effective interpersonal skills, relationship-builder who is collaborations-oriented and can effectively link the interests of multiple stakeholders
- Strong Project management skills
- Proven ability to adjust and work across-cultures
- Strong driver of change and demonstrated high learning agility
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands—including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products —are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Accounting & External Reporting