Job Description & Summary
Would you like to use your knowledge and experience in the field of sustainability and reporting to lead transformation projects for our customers? Would you like to actively contribute to the build-up and further growth of PwC's Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Consulting team? Then this is your chance!What will you be doing?
Within the CIPS (Commercial & Industrial Products & Services) ESG team, we help companies to determine, realize, and report on their sustainability ambitions. Our team advises both small and large companies in all kinds of commercial sectors such as retail & consumer markets, energy, utilities & resources, industrial manufacturing & automotive and technology, media & telecommunications.
You will work as part of a large, leading and (inter)national network of ESG professionals where impact and innovation are central. The ESG team within our Consulting CIPS practice primarily focuses on assignments aimed at, for example, defining and implementing ESG strategies for our customers, understanding & implementing ESG regulatory reporting requirements, optimizing customers’ non-financial information reporting process and making their end-to-end supply chain more sustainable. For this role, your primary focus will be on leading ESG reporting & insights projects, including the following:
- Helping organizations become CSRD (and other ESG reporting standards such as EU Taxonomy, TCFD, GRI, etc.) ready;
- Designing a company’s ESG / non-financial information reporting strategy as part of the overall ESG and Finance function strategy;
- Constructing a transformation roadmap for the Finance organization to cope with the increased requirements from ESG (reporting) regulations;
- Defining the ideal governance structure of ESG reporting within an organization.
In addition to working for clients, you are actively involved in building and positioning the CIPS ESG team, both internally within Consulting and PwC and externally by setting up and expanding our propositions towards clients.Does this describe you?
You are an enthusiastic and inquisitive professional that is eager to learn with a proven interest in, knowledge of and experience in ESG reporting & insights. Next to this, you are analytically skilled, decisive, have a healthy dose of motivation, and sense of responsibility. We welcome creative minds that enjoy working with customers and colleagues to solve important problems. You like challenging and developing yourself in a professional and personal manner, which is reflected in your resume.
You also recognize yourself in the profile below:
What are we offering?
- Completed Master degree at university level (WO), preferably in Finance, Economics, Data & Analytics, Accounting, Business Administration and/or Control; or in a field such as Sustainable Finance and/or Sustainable Business & Innovation;
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience with;
- Demonstrated experience with designing, supervising and managing (large-scale) transformation projects, related to ESG and/or reporting; and/ or,
- Experience in and/or responsible for non-financial management reporting, ESG business partnering, compliance reporting (e.g. reporting in line with EU Taxonomy, TCFD, SASB and GRI);
- Experience in the commercial sector in roles such as Business Controller, Financial Analyst or Manager, Financial Planner, ESG Reporting Manager; and/ or,
- Experience with consulting (either at a consulting company or internal consulting) with an expertise in sustainability or finance/ reporting topics;
- Experience with managing (project-based) teams.
- Aware of important ESG developments, in the field of sustainability regulations, reporting frameworks and standards as well as themes such as net zero, circularity and/ or sustainable supply chains;
- Strong knowledge of English is required, knowledge of Dutch is desirable.
We believe in the power of an inclusive culture and we want everyone to feel free to be themselves. We offer access to the PwC global network, where you can exchange knowledge, ideas, and questions with other experienced professionals regarding sustainability and also other disciplines. We also offer you:
Getting started at PwC
- numerous training sessions and courses that contribute to your personal and professional development
- an appropriate salary and extensive employment conditions, including a “well-being budget”. This is a personal annual budget of EUR 1000 to spend on your health, for example on mindfulness, sport, lifestyle coaching, and wellness.
- a fully equipped, ergonomic home office with a second monitor;
- a monthly Internet allowance;
- an electric lease car/attractive mobility scheme, laptop, and iPhone
- 32 days’ holiday a year;
- hybrid working at the client, at home, and at the office;
- the opportunity to get involved, during normal working hours, with Corporate Responsibility, various networks, diversity, innovation and/or recruitment;
- enjoyable informal activities.
Are you interested in this vacancy and do you meet the requirements? Then let us know what motivates you and fill in your details. After we’ve received your application,
- you’ll immediately receive confirmation in your inbox.
- If your qualifications match the profile that we have in mind, then we’ll contact you within two weeks for a short introduction meeting.
If you would like more detailed information about the position of Senior Manager ESG Reporting & Insights at PwC, don't hesitate to contact us! Karolien Arp is happy to answer any questions about the application procedure or position via firstname.lastname@example.org.
An assessment is part of the application procedure for this vacancy.