About The Role
Within our Group Finance Division, a 12-month max term contract opportunity has become available as Senior Manager Sustainability!
Reporting to Head of Sustainability, this role will manage the assessment, disclosure, and design and delivery of programs that address ESG risks and opportunities for the BOQ Group.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the ability to manage and prioritise multiple issues and stakeholders, while working in a dynamic, cross functional and collaborative environment to achieve Group outcomes.
- Lead and co-ordinate stakeholder engagement surveys, interviews and reviews;
- Support the delivery of initiatives enhancing the BOQ Group’s management of environment, social, and governance related risks and opportunities;
- Manage the delivery of BOQ’s emission reduction strategy, including renewable and offset procurement, and development of a sustainability reporting strategy complying with mandatory sustainability reporting requirements;
- Engage collaboratively with senior leaders across the business to source high data quality for internal and external sustainability reporting and disclosure including inputs for carbon accounting and carbon neutrality activities, including management of attestation processes;
- Manage external consultants for preparation of operational and financed greenhouse gas emission disclosure;
- Lead oversight of non-financial assurance activities and manage collaboration with data owners to meet data needs of external and internal assurance processes;
- Collate and process data across our annual reporting suite including Sustainability Supplement, Annual report, and responses to ESG analyst benchmarks and surveys;
- Lead, in collaboration with Property and Procurement, annual supplier climate risk assessments;
- Manage the development and maintenance of ESG stakeholder training, engagement and communications;
- Manage the development of sustainability marketing material and update of public sustainability information;
- Oversight of development of ESG metrics collection from retail and business lending including metrics used to assess climate risk;
- Prepare ad-hoc management information including but not limited to board reports, senior management presentations and other items;
- Lead the exploration of green products development and issuance of green securities
As the successful incumbent for this role, you will be able to clearly demonstrate the following skills and experience.
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Data Analytics, Management/Strategy, Communications, Economics or ESG related disciplines (mandatory);
- Post-graduate qualification in ESG, Sustainability or Corporate Responsibility (desired);
- 7+ years’ experience in Banking or Financial Services (mandatory) with a diversity of experience and skills, in finance, legal or specialist ESG backgrounds (desired);
- Proven experience in supporting the development of and driving strategic / organisational wide change across a large diverse workforce (mandatory)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with ability to make sound and timely decisions (mandatory);
- A collaborative mindset with strong stakeholder engagement skills (mandatory); and
- A positive attitude and capability to multi-task and run a variety of activities/projects at the same time. Also a curious and inquiring mind is essential.
Bank of Queensland Group is a truly unique group of challenger brands with a purpose – to provide a genuine alternative to Australian financial services for customers and employees.
Our family of brands (Bank of Queensland (BOQ), ME Bank, Virgin Money Australia, BOQ Specialist), each come with their own defined customer audience and brand personality, but share one goal – to build social capital through banking. That’s creating trust with customers, exploring staff potential and believing that tiny gestures and big ideas can change the world for communities.
BOQ Group’s inclusive vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
Since 2021 BOQ Group is recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA).
In 2023, we successfully implemented an innovative Reconciliation Plan, driving positive change and promoting inclusivity across the BOQ group.Our Perks
How To Apply
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- Discounted private health insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to employee network groups focused on First Nations Reconciliation, LGBTQIA+, Multicultural, Gender, Early Careers and accessibility
- BOQ Group is a member of Pride in Diversity and a participating organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality Index
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, gender and expressions, sexualities, cultures, bodies and abilities. When you apply, you are welcome to tell us the pronouns you use and please let us know any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.Please no agency applications.