Schneider Electric is looking for an experienced Senior Sustainability Consultant to join the Energy and Sustainability Business within the reporting team. This role is opened to remote work in the U.S. and will not offer relocation.
What will you do?
- Lead and partner with financial sector clients in developing sustainable investing and resource allocation strategies
- Lead the development of client sustainability strategies including facilitating executive/elected official level presentations and the analysis and benchmarking of performance to support organizational goal setting and implementation planning
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary, or multi-workstream projects spanning various aspects of a clients sustainability platform in a collaborative and effective manner. This can involve creating project plans, delegating tasks and deliverables to colleagues, and providing ultimate oversight and review of deliverables
- Develop energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) / carbon emissions inventories, water footprints, waste footprints and other environmental inventories including data analysis, emission factor development, calculation methodology, web-system deployment and support clientsâ third party environmental reporting activities
- Develop or recommend initiatives and abatement models for achieving or informing corporate goals for energy reduction, green energy adoptions, or GHG reduction, including progress toward Net Zero goals or Science Based Targets (SBTs)
- Prepare or revise client communications for sustainability performance aligned to key industry reporting platforms, such as CDP, DJSI, GRI, GRESB, and various federal and state/local disclosure programs, inclusive of project management, stakeholder interviews, drafting, and submittal
- Engage with our clients to develop responses to the ever-changing sustainable investing landscape and meet investor expectations from an ESG perspective
- Develop ESG strategies and decarbonization targets at the Fund, portfolio company and/or corporate levels to drive value
- Research, filter, warehouse and communicate emerging information and trends relating to global sustainability initiatives such as environmental and carbon legislation, renewable and efficiency incentives, and reporting programsâ¯
- Organize, inform and partner up with multi-disciplinary teams within Schneider Electric to help coordinate service and solutions delivery
- Build and support relationships with regulatory entities, vendors and product/service companies
- Contribute to the development of training resources for both internal and external clients
What qualifications will make you successful?
- Bachelors degree in Sustainability, Energy, Business, Finance, Engineering, or a related technical field, Masters degree in Sustainability, Business or Finance
- 5+â¯years of related professional/consulting experience and an interest in pursuing a career in sustainability - this should not be viewed as an entry-level position
- Experience with climate related disclosure and target-setting standards/ frameworks, including SFDR, TCFD, SBTi, PCAF, CDP, SASB, and GRESB
- Subject matter expertise in sustainable finance, net zero portfolio transition and construction, and financed emission calculation is a plus
- Project management experience
- High commitment to company vision, values and excellent client service
- Proven track record in developing, managing, and executing client solutions
- Progressive history of building successful relationships
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbally, complex analysis and ideas in a concise manner
- Knowledge-seeker and analytical self-starter personality with a desire to lead service expansion in the evolving financial sector
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on multiple complex projects in diverse areas
- Advanced computer experience in Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with a focus on creating high-quality, high-impact client deliverables
What's in it for me?
Schneider Electric offers an inclusive benefits package to support all of our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leaves, 401(k) + match, well-being progarams, holidays and paid time off, military leave benefits, and more. You are eligible to enroll in most all of our benefits on day 1!
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
â¬34bn global revenue
128 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.