is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Sydney or Melbourne office:Senior Sustainable Investment Analyst
What can you expect?
What we offer is a chance to join a company that is not only winning, but transforming in the most exciting way possible. Our CEO, David Bryant, is dedicated to Mercer Australia being a “people first” culture. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding career development, learning opportunities, rewards and benefits, and we are committed to making your journey with us FUN.
What is in it for you?
- Voted #1 HR Consulting Company Globally
- Prestigious Sydney (Barangaroo) and Melbourne (Docklands) offices
- Great Package
- Great time to join this global organisation in Growth Phase
At Mercer, we recognise that our most important asset is our people. We offer benefits and programs that assist career development such as professional development support, exam and study assistance and global rotation opportunities which will support you to reach your full potential. We also recognise the value of healthy, happy colleagues and promote a culture of inclusion, care and wellbeing, offering benefits such as flexible working and much more!
We will count on you to:
- Leading learning and development programs
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and is supported in our global organisation
- Great team environment with energetic and supportive colleagues
- Genuine work life balance
The Senior Sustainable Investment Analyst will sit within Mercer Pacific’s Investment Management (IM) team and provide high level support to the Portfolio Management team to enable them to deliver strong investment outcomes for our clients and achieve competitive returns across relevant time periods.
The role will also contribute to delivering the overarching team goals, strategic priorities and day-to-day activities, working with local and global teams and providing guidance for less experienced analysts.Key Responsibilities:
What you need to have:
- Work with the Sustainable Investment Team to contribute to integration, thematic investing, active ownership and exclusions activities for the Mercer Funds in the Pacific (Australia and New Zealand product ranges).
- Provide guidance to less experienced analysts and conduct technical reviews plus undertake more complex or new analysis at the portfolio and investment manager levels, supporting the Portfolio Management teams in their decision making and Client Management teams in their client reporting.
- Meet with prospective and incumbent investment managers and work with the Portfolio Management team to monitor relevant Sustainable Investment activity.
- Manage queries from internal and external stakeholders, and act as a conduit of information for the IM Team.
- Work with the Sustainable Investment Team, including SI Consulting colleagues, on new projects to respond to latest developments or regulatory requirements.
- Keep abreast of industry and market developments and best practice through continuing education.
- Qualifications at a Degree level in an appropriate analytical discipline such as finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, science or statistics.
- A suitable post graduate qualification, such as CFA, CIMA, FRM, PRM or Masters in a relevant discipline would be desirable.
- Experience in a similar role in a multi-manager, superannuation fund, asset consulting organisation or research house environment for :5-10 years.
- Experience in a Sustainable or Responsible Investment role for >2 years in:
- Analytics, including exclusions, a variety of climate change metrics, UN SDGs, country risk etc. Experience in more recent developments in nature and biodiversity beneficial; and / or
- Active ownership in proxy voting and engagement, including supporting analytics and experience interacting with research providers, investment managers and / or companies.
- Experience with third-party ESG data and risk systems e.g. MSCI BarraOne, Aladdin or Style Enterprise is desirable.
- A sound knowledge of investment markets and asset classes.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and experience using spreadsheets and databases for information analysis, including an ability to generate insights not just outcomes and technically review other analysts’ work.
- Demonstrable Sustainable or Responsible Investment knowledge, with general knowledge across multiple areas and likely deeper knowledge in interest areas.
- Ability to independently lead on complex one-off and ongoing projects and apply problem-solving skills.
- Strong team collaboration, working with colleagues with different skill sets and styles and in other areas of the business e.g. client relationship management.
- Well-developed communication skills including written form and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to present recommendations at the senior executive level.
- Ability to manage workflow and meet business deadlines reliably.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s approximately 25,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 85,000 colleagues and annual revenue of over $20 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit mercer.com. Follow Mercer on LinkedIn and TwitterMarsh McLennan is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people and embrace diversity of age, background, disability, ethnic origin, family duties, gender orientation or expression, marital status, nationality, parental status, personal or social status, political affiliation, race, religion and beliefs, sex/gender, sexual orientation or expression, skin color, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Marsh McLennan is committed to hybrid work, which includes the flexibility of working remotely and the collaboration, connections and professional development benefits of working together in the office. All Marsh McLennan colleagues are expected to be in their local office or working onsite with clients at least three days per week. Office-based teams will identify at least one “anchor day” per week on which their full team will be together in person. Note: the changes to our hybrid work policy do not apply to officially designated remote workers and are subject to any works council or local legal requirement.