Who We Are Looking For
You will report directly to the Head of APAC SSGA Investment Operations. You will interact with various key stakeholders including the broader Investment Operations team, the Client Relationship Managers, the Client Service team, Portfolio Managers and third parties provider to ensure coordination and timely completion of business changes and new business implementation.Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.What You Will Be Responsible For
As Client Implementation Officer you will,
What We Value
- Processing change events across clients managed by SSGA Australia, which include new mandate installations, ISDA account maintenance, in-specie coordination, client terminations and custodian changes
- Ensure accurate client set up on all internal systems
- Support to review new mandates and products to ensure you have an understanding of the inherent risks involved
- Support the AML/KYC office to ensure the SSGA businesses in APAC ex Japan are compliant with the State Street Global AML and Sanctions Policies, AML and Sanctions BU Standard Operating Procedures (“BU SOP”) and the Global KYC matrix requirements.
- Support the AML/KYC office to ensure KYC is timely completed for all SSGA APAC ex Japan entities both before onboarding and at periodic reviews and event driven reviews.
- Oversee the collection, storage of KYC documentation and completion of KYC checklist accordingly.
- Support the AML/KYC office to review transaction monitoring reports and detect any unusual or red flag activities.
- Participate as required to ad-hoc new business implementation projects
- Follow a Risk excellence framework by undertaking regular reviews of operational procedures and controls and adhering to the error reporting process
- Periodic business metrics reporting
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Team player and self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
- Strong communications and organisational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database application
About State Street
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years financial services experience, KYC/AML experience a plus
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Job ID: R-743387