S&P Global Sustainable 1
The Role: Subject Matter Expert - ESG
S&P Global is one of the leading providers of ESG data for investors, corporates, and other stakeholders. ESG creates Value for our Clients, Value for Investors in mitigating the risk of long-term investments, and Value for Corporates through long-term financial performance. It focuses on collecting a broad range of ESG data through a variety of company and governmental sources, to provide users with an in-depth, multi-faceted view into the nature and strength of a company’s resistance to changes in ESG components, liaise with various critical stakeholders in understanding and building the content set. This data is used by investors, asset managers, and in S&P Global’s various divisions and products. The team is responsible for managing S&P Global’s proprietary database, comprising one of the world’s most complete datasets on corporate sustainability.
Trucost was established to provide the data, tools and insights needed by companies, investors and policy makers to deliver the transition to a low carbon, resource efficient economy.
Trucost content set that is being added to the list of services we currently offer under Market Intelligence. Trucost creates Value for our Clients; Value to Investors in mitigating risk of long term investments and Value to Corporates through long term financial performance. This team will be focused on collecting broad range of Environment data through a variety of company and governmental sources, to provide users with an in-depth, multi-faceted view into the nature and strength of a company’s resistance to changes in Climate components, liaise with various critical stakeholders in understanding and building the content set.
What’s In It For You
As Subject Matter Expert we are looking for a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, creative, and results-driven candidate with 3-5 years of experience in the ESG domain to join our ESG Research Team. The team’s mandate is to be the experts in the field of ESG data & knowledge, whom our external and internal clients can trust to provide intelligent, valuable, and timely solutions and assist in improving the data quality. One would work with multiple team members/ leaders to define, manage, and implement high-quality and timely ESG data, particularly in Environmental data sets.
- The candidate would have a good grip on project management and client/data delivery – one should be able to lead and execute working projects/tasks independently specifically with the aim to increase team-level domain knowledge & mitigate queries/challenges
- Candidate should work as a senior member/ SME within the team – acting as a one-stop solution for all domain/team related queries.
- The candidate should take an initiative in identifying the knowledge gaps within the team and accordingly work very closely with the team members /leaders to bridge/increase the knowledge of the team.
- Prepare process life cycle and ensure the team is aware of the data process flow (know-about), and conduct/prepare domain knowledge questionnaires at regular intervals.
- Deep dive into the errors identified by the internal quality check/client/sampling team.
- Participate and act as a mediator between multiple teams (E.G Between Ops and Methodological Team, attending client calls as and when required)
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in secondary research/data operations. Experience with ESG/sustainability is mandatory.
- A good understanding of financial markets and investing, as well as knowledge of some of the following sustainability areas that companies and financial institutions are involved in ESG integration; green financing or sustainability index; environmental risk analysis; and reporting of investments in different asset classes and across company value chains.
- The candidate should be conscious of detail and numerically proficient with natural curiosity and an innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical/ management skills and enthusiasm for digging into the details in terms of understanding the aspect
- Candidate should be able to take the initiative and work without detailed guidance or supervision
- Sound knowledge of internal tools & platforms
- Intermediate to advance level of knowledge in the areas of DBMS, SQL, MS Excel, Power BI
Grade (relevant for internal applicants only): 9
The Location: Hyderabad/Ahmedabad/Gurgaon
About S&P Global Sustainable1
S&P Global Sustainable1 is the central source for sustainable intelligence from S&P Global. Sustainable1 matches customers with ESG products, insights, and solutions from across S&P Global's divisions to help meet their unique needs. Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in-depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations, and governments with an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. Our data and well-informed point of view on critical topics like energy transition, climate resilience, positive impact, and sustainable finance allow us to go deep into the details that define the big picture so customers can make decisions with conviction. To learn more about Sustainable1, visit www.spglobal.com/sustainable1
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), DTMGOP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 285693
Posted On: 2023-07-20
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India