About Rockefeller Capital Management
Rockefeller Capital Management is a leading independent financial advisory firm – providing wealth management, asset management, and strategic advisory services to ultra- and high-net-worth individuals, families, businesses, and institutions. Led by President & CEO Gregory J. Fleming, the firm offers an elevated experience based on traditional Rockefeller global family office values of excellence and service.
Formed in 2018 following the acquisition of Rockefeller & Co., Inc., the firm is rapidly extending its historic brand into contemporary markets. Based in New York City, it has over forty offices in the United States and London and oversees some $112 billion in client assets.
Rockefeller Capital Management offers a distinctive Summer Analyst Program experience as a premier independent financial advisory firm. Our diversified businesses, boutique size, and entrepreneurial culture shape a dynamic, personalized experience for our Analysts.
Our 2024 Summer Analyst program is a ten-week (June-August) internship program designed to provide an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere of Rockefeller Capital Management. Summer Analysts will be fully immersed in the day-to-day activities of the business providing opportunities to learn, grow, and excel.
Key Highlights Of The Program Include
- Mentorship program to support learning and development.
- Weekly speaker series to promote a deep understanding of the firm, our culture and share personal perspectives from employees.
- Intensive training on our business model and how employees of the firm contribute to achieving our goals.
- Frequent connectivity with other Summer Analysts and our program team.
- Round table discussions on current events with macro and micro relevance to our business.
- Opportunities to exchange ideas and network with peers, mentors, and senior leaders throughout the firm.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible for consideration students must be undergraduates currently in their junior year and in good standing at the school. Analysts should have an interest in the financial services industry and be eager to learn and make an impact.
Rockefeller Capital Management’s Fundamental Equity Team within the Asset Management Business is seeking a Summer Analyst to support their team. The candidate will assume the function of a research analyst, a member of the investment team and immersed in all of their normal activities. The candidate will have the opportunity to learn more about Rockefeller’s culture and expertise in ESG research, gain experience collaborating with all members of the team, and perform in-depth fundamental research while working on actionable projects and ideas.
- Perform in-depth integrated fundamental and ESG research on both a company and industry-specific level
- Recommend and invest in equities utilizing a fundamental approach that matches Rockefeller’s investment philosophy
- Build out industry knowledge including industry dynamics, competitors, technology disruption risks, and material ESG issues
- Prepare financial models
- Participate in research calls, virtual conferences, and interactions with corporate management teams
- Remain current with market conditions and stay informed of research and information regarding Company’s holdings
- Participate in ad-hoc research projects
- Client Support
- Assist with investment management relationships in areas such as sales and marketing, as well as ongoing reporting
- High school degree required.
- Pursuing a degree with a concentration in Economics, Business or Finance is desirable.
- Prior internship experience in asset management a plus.
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Strong understand of modeling and company valuation work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Prompt follow up and responsiveness, and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Bloomberg and/or FactSet
The anticipated hourly rate for this role is $48.00. Salary for the role will depend on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, and may fall outside of this rate. Visit careers.rockco.com to learn more about additional opportunities and benefits offerings.
Rockefeller & Co. LLC, Rockefeller Financial LLC, Rockefeller Trust Company, N.A., The Rockefeller Trust Company (Delaware), Rockefeller Financial Services, Inc. and all other subsidiaries of Rockefeller Capital Management L.P. (individually and collectively, “Rockefeller”) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, marital or partnership status, caregiver status, legally recognized disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law (“protected characteristics”).
Rockefeller Capital Management participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.