Temasek is an investment company with a net portfolio value of S$403 billion as at 31 March 2022. Our Purpose “So Every Generation Prospers” guides us to make a difference for today’s and future generations. Our Temasek Charter defines our three roles as an Investor, Institution and Steward, and shapes our ethos to do well, do right and do good.
Sustainability is at the core of all that we do. We are committed to catalysing solutions to global challenges and activating capital – financial, human, social and natural – to bring about a better and more inclusive world for all.
For more information on Temasek, please visit www.temasek.com.sg. The Team
The Sustainability Group leads our overarching strategy and initiatives on sustainability, spanning across all our charter roles as an active investor and shareholder, a forward-looking institution, and a trusted steward. As part of our wide-ranging remit, we partner extensively internally and externally to catalyse and deliver the necessary step changes required to invest for long-term positive impact, transition to a climate positive world, build a sustainable organisation and to collaborate for global progress.
The Sustainability & Climate Change Strategy team within the Sustainability Group focuses on understanding and keeping abreast with the broader sustainability policy context, evolving regulatory and market expectations as well resulting implications for investing. For this purpose, but also to position Temasek as an investor at the forefront of integrating sustainability at the core of its business and operations, the team engages on global initiatives at the intersection of sustainability and finance / investing domestically and internationally.
The team works to align Temasek’s ways of working with international best practices, including in the area of disclosures and to continuously progress our ambition to understand the total impact of our investments. Acting as a catalyst for change, the team drives internal and external engagement platforms to advance learning and collaboration among senior executives, staff and portfolio companies.Responsibilities
The Role – Core Responsibilities
In our role as a provider of catalytic capital, Temasek seeks to enable solutions to key global challenges. Beyond our direct (equity) investment focus, we’re progressively exploring different ways to leverage our capital as a catalyst to further accelerate progress on positive environmental or social outcomes.
To this end, we’re looking for a purpose-driven, versatile and creative individual to help:
- Develop robust internal knowledge and thought leadership with respect to relevant international developments in sustainable finance, including taxonomies, methodologies and standards for ESG and impact assessments and reporting
- Establish and drive the internal implementation of relevant taxonomies or impact frameworks, including the set-up of relevant measurement and reporting processes
- Build internal capacity on the relevant frameworks, partnering investment teams in the eligibility assessment of assets under the relevant taxonomies or impact frameworks
- Establish the relevant knowledge dialogues and exchanges to foster alignment across our investment platforms
- Prepare content inputs and positions to contribute to bilateral or multi-stakeholder discussions with Singapore government agencies and other stakeholders
- Support internal and external senior management engagements
- Support the delivery against external reporting requirements in the context of international investor alliances and platforms
Professional Qualifications, Experience and Skills
The incumbent should possess:
- Excellent academic qualifications in business administration, finance, accounting or related fields with a passion for sustainability, ESG and impact
- Preferably 6-10 years of working experience with a top-tier investment bank, corporate finance, M&A and/or accounting firm, asset management, consulting and/or other related background
- Familiarity with relevant sustainable finance taxonomies, frameworks and standards and, ideally, prior experience in implementing ESG and/or impact methodologies and measurement
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to structure and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and drive to completion
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong interest to continuously deepen expertise in this area
- Ability to produce high quality outputs in a timely manner leveraging on strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Outstanding communicator with excellent presentation and strong written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a highly matrixed environment that is fast-paced and rapidly changing
- Strong intercultural awareness, team orientation, adaptability, and ability to work across geographies and teams – including work hours that can extend across global time zones
- Strong work ethic, ability to demonstrate initiative, ownership, and manage multiple priorities
[Not translated in selected language]