Allspring is a leading asset management firm with close to $465 billion of assets under management, 24 offices globally, and specialized investment teams supported by more than 480 investment professionals. Allspring and our investment teams provide a broad range of differentiated products and solutions to help our diverse range of clients meet their investment objectives. We leverage the diversity of people, ideas, and skills to help our clients pursue their financial goals.
With a rich and established history in the asset management industry, Allspring is now a “start-up at scale” having spun off from Wells Fargo and acquired by GTCR
and Reverence Capital Partners
in November 2021. The new name, Allspring Global Investments, reflects our commitment to renewal, growth, and meaningful client outcomes. With decades of trusted expertise propelling us forward, we’re a company staying true to our core investment roots while reinventing ourselves to offer today’s investors a fresh perspective.
The Sustainability Analyst will work with the Head of Investment Integration and the broader Sustainability team at Allspring to enable innovation and continued improvements in the integration of ESG issues into the investment process across equity, fixed income, and multi-asset teams at Allspring. The analyst will help equip teams with the tools and resources to integrate ESG as well as to create investment products focused on achieving real world outcomes desired by clients. This role provides exposure to a variety of asset classes and business functions across Allspring and creates an opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in sustainability and finance.
The analyst will help to:
- Coordinate integration efforts across Allspring’s 25+ investment teams by gathering and analyzing data from teams on their integration efforts and supporting communication with investment teams
- Assess ESG data providers for fit with Allspring’s investment and product needs and will help investment teams make the best use of ESG data and resources
- Deliver on Allspring’s ESG regulatory requirements globally, including the categorization of products under EU’s Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR)
- Partner with the ESG Research and Development team to enable investment teams to leverage internal and external research on climate change, water scarcity, and biodiversity
- Create proprietary analytical frameworks such as understanding corporate impacts on the UN Sustainable Development Goals
Allspring’s Sustainability team is seeking an analyst with a strong interest in ESG and sustainability issues, a background in financial analysis or economics, and ability to communicate effectively across different types of audiences. The role requires strong analytical and organizational skills.
- 2+ years of Analyst experience
- Undergraduate degree or coursework in finance, economics, business, policy or equivalent
- Strong interest in sustainable/ESG investing or sustainability issues such as climate change, diversity, equity, and inclusion, human rights, biodiversity etc.
- Coursework or work experience in one or more sustainability issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to work out of our San Francisco office at least two days a week
- Experience working with ESG or impact data
- Familiarity with sustainable investing trends and standards setting organizations such as the International Sustainability Standards Board, the Principles for Responsible Investment etc.
- Multi-disciplinary background
- Experience with coding in Python, R, SQL or other languages
Base Pay Range: $90,000 - $125,000
Salary Range for NYC and California candidates only. Actual based may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary bonus programs, or other annual or non-annual incentive or sales plans.)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)