- Position Title: Sustainability Associate
- Reports To: Sustainability Partner
- Location: Barcelona
Miura Partners, a leading Barcelona-based Private Equity specializing in sustainable investments and boasting an Impact Fund. The firm is actively seeking a Sustainability Associate to support its dynamic Sustainability team. Further details about the firm can be explored on its website.
As a Sustainability Associate within our Private Equity Firm's Sustainability team, you will play a pivotal role in driving the development and execution of Impact and ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) strategies. Reporting directly to the Sustainability Partner, you will contribute to shaping the firm's commitment to sustainable and impact investing across its funds and portfolio companies.
- Collaborate with the Sustainability Partner in formulating comprehensive ESG and Impact strategies for the firm, funds, and portfolio companies.
- Engage with portfolio companies on ESG topics, foster sustainability initiatives and on-going projects, and conduct ESG and Impact plan reviews.
- Contribute to the continuous refinement and enhancement of sustainability frameworks and models aligned with industry best practices. Conducting research on sustainability trends and best practices and recommending areas for improvement.
- ESG Committee materials preparation.
Deal Opportunity Assessment:
- Conduct ESG and Impact screenings during deal origination, providing insights to inform investment decisions from the start.
- Work closely with deal teams on potential investments by carrying out ESG and Impact due diligences to conduct ESG and Impact risk assessments and identify opportunities for value creation through sustainable practices.
Investment Committee (IC) Support:
- Prepare support materials for Investment Committee meetings, highlighting the ESG and Impact aspects of proposed investment opportunities.
- Participate in discussions with deal team to articulate the sustainability value proposition and potential risks associated with each investment.
ESG and Impact Measurement and Evaluation:
- Develop and implement rigorous methodologies for measuring the social and environmental impact of investments.
- Collaborate with portfolio companies to establish and monitor material KPIs related to sustainability goals and ESG plans.
Reporting and Compliance:
- Assist in the preparation and update of regular ESG performance reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support on the elaboration of the Sustainability Report
- Stay abreast of evolving ESG regulations and industry standards to ensure the firm's compliance and proactive adaptation to emerging sustainability trends.
Sustainability and Philanthropic projects
- Design and coordinate sustainability projects with all key stakeholders.
- Assist on the development of the philanthropic initiatives of the firm.
Internal and External Collaboration:
- Engage with teams to integrate sustainability considerations into decision-making processes, ESG risk mitigation, and value creation plans.
- Foster partnerships with external organizations, industry groups, and experts to stay informed on best practices and industry benchmarks.
Continuous Learning and Development:
- Assist with the preparation of internal training for investment team and portfolio companies’ teams.
- Stay informed about global sustainability trends, industry innovations, and emerging ESG issues. Participate in relevant training programs and conferences to enhance professional knowledge and skills.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Sustainability, Environmental Management, Business Administration, Finance, etc.).
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting, sustainability, ESG, or related fields within the corporate or finance industry.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate complex sustainability concepts into actionable strategies. High attention to detail, solid work ethics and a passion for Sustainability. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- English (Proficiency or equivalent) and Spanish are required.
- Familiarity with ESG reporting frameworks (e.g., SASB, GRI) and industry-specific standards is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter detailing their relevant experience and interest in the position to email@example.com