Deloitte's Sustainability Strategic Growth Offering team is looking for an experienced Product Manager who has led the development of world-class software products, including shepherding a product through the discovery, design, build, test, deployment, & maintenance phases of the software development life cycle.
Deloitte's Perspective on Sustainability
At Deloitte, we believe now is the time for thoughtful, strategic, human-centered action on sustainability and climate fueled by this moment of historic access to technology, capital, and a collective desire for measurable change. We are living through a dramatic shift in the tension between company and societal good - redefining the value exchanged between the business and its employees, customers, suppliers, and communities - with full recognition that new growth comes from managing the interests of what's good for people, planet, and prosperity. Above all else, we value impact, trust, fortitude, and creativity in our efforts to advance this cause. We show up with empathy, tenacity, and wonder as we walk our clients through some of today's toughest sustainability challenges. Our range of Sustainability services uphold these values while helping our cross-sector clients tackle problems related to their sustainability strategy and transformation - charting and achieving paths to net zero and decarbonization, activating equity within and outside of organizations, building and enabling responsible value chains, understanding and managing physical and transition risk, and measuring and sharing sustainability impact.
Work you'll do
The Product Manager will play a critical role in developing and executing the market strategy and product strategy to help sell and deliver services within the offering. You will work with market-facing groups to identify and prioritize the market's biggest problems. You will work with designers, product owners, architects, and development pods to design, build, & test product capabilities that address those market problems. You will work with the product marketing team to develop strategies and plans for product launches and market engagement. And you will work with the Delivery Center of Excellence (CoE) team to get product feedback from client-facing teams providing services pertaining to product implementation, adoption, customer success, and business operations. In short, the Product Manager is responsible for ensuring end-to-end organizational readiness for selling and delivering the product.
- Develop market strategy based on researching market problems, market sizes, and buyer personas
- Develop product strategy based on researching the competitive landscape and conducting build, buy, partner assessments
- Develop a product vision with clear boundaries for the Minimum Viable Product, Minimum Marketable Product, and Minimum Lovable Product
- Develop, maintain, and socialize a Product Roadmap that's supported by market facts and grounded in development capacity/velocity
- Manage Product Owners to ensure the Product Backlog is aligned with the Product Roadmap
- Enable sales and marketing teams with key deliverables such as product positioning
- Lead internal certification activities required for direct monetization and market entry
The Product Manager for ESG Reporting will join a dynamic team focused on building data-driven considerations into client sustainability solutions. We catalyze large-scale change addressing the climate crisis, increasing social inclusion, and fostering leading governance practices that embed stakeholder capitalism into organizational operations. The Sustainability SGO team embodies a culture of purpose and empowers every team member to channel their passions into their work. Deloitte's Sustainability SGO expands on other organizations' more traditional ESG endeavors by centering our services, investments, and corporate allyship to meet the needs of people, our planet, and a prosperous future.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent field
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in fast-paced product management role for software products
- 5+ years of experience managing people (i.e., direct reports)
- Proven record of successfully launching new products or new product capabilities
- Proven record of managing end-to-end product development, from initial ideation to revenue generation
- Proven ability to drive positive outcomes by successfully collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders from various levels and areas of the organization
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Knowledge of ESG reporting regulations, voluntary standards, and rater/ranker assessments
- Pragmatic Institute Certifications (e.g., Product Manager, Product Marketer, Product Master)
- Product School Certifications (e.g., Product Manager, Product Leader)
- Experience developing or simply using Corporate Sustainability or ESG Reporting software
- Experience working on a Sustainability or Finance team that's responsible for ESG Reporting
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $114,000 to $231,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.