CORPORATE - Midland, TX
The Sustainability & ESG Analyst supports the management of the organizationâs sustainability and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) program; collaborates with Executive leadership or multiple organizational teams to develop and execute sustainability and ESG initiatives; gathers, analyzes, and interprets relevant data to compile reports; responds customer requests for sustainability and ESG data or information when needed; and stays current on sustainability and ESG topics by regularly performing research and analyses.
- Support the management of the organizationâs sustainability and ESG program (i.e., strategic planning, execution, public reporting)
- Collaborate with Executive leadership or multiple organizational teams to develop and execute sustainability and ESG initiatives
- Develop data quality assurance and data controls to track the organizationâs Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions
- Gather, analyze, and interpret relevant data to compile reports (i.e. GHG emissions, ESG, and sustainability data)
- Work with the organizationâs Legal, Operations, Accounting, Public Reporting, Investor Relations, and Executive leadership teams to ensure organizational compliance with sustainability and ESG regulations
- Assist with responses to customer requests for ESG data or information
- Assist with analyzing customer and vendor responses to questionnaires
- Perform project plan based data management and analysis and make recommended improvements to plan
- Review data assessed by third party sustainability and ESG raters and submit corrections when necessary
- Stay current by conducting research and analysis of sustainability and ESG topics
- Maintain compliance with all Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) policies by attending all required HSE training sessions, safety meetings, and always utilize proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelorâs degree in Engineering, Data Science, Business, Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology required
- Relevant industry experience preferred
- Project report preparation and presentation experience preferred
- Must be self-driven and comfortable independently making sound business judgements
- Expert time management and multi-tasking skills; able to support many projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively communicate with vendors, customers, and personnel at all levels of the organization
- Strong research, critical thinking, and analytical skills; able to gather, interpret, and utilize data to define objectives and draw conclusions
- Highly professional and ethical leader who will always uphold the organizationâs values and safety culture
- Highly proficient working in Microsoft Office 365 applications and able to quickly learn internal accounting, reporting and operational enterprise software (i.e., Workiva)
The physical demands described here represent those required for an employee to successfully perform the roleâs essential functions. Reasonable accommodation may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform their major responsibilities.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, or walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop or bend; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here represent environmental conditions an employee will encounter while performing the roleâs essential functions. The noise level in some work environments can be moderate and an employee may encounter extreme weather conditions while performing major duties. Reasonable accommodation may be provided for individuals with disabilities to perform their major responsibilities.
The information provided in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the roleâs classification. This job description is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications required of employees assigned to this role.