Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Matter.
You implement Mondelēz International’s sustainability programs for a specific spend category. In addition, you coordinate stakeholder needs in your region(s), and collaborate with procurement teams and brands, corporate affairs, external program consultants and partners.How You Will Contribute
You will ensure that Mondelēz International’s sustainable sourcing agenda for a specific sustainability focus area stays on track by taking the lead in developing an effective implementation plan. Working with front-line farmers and others, you will track initiatives and encourage performance improvement to further develop the programs. In addition, you will:
What You Will Bring
- Lead and coach procurement teams to embed the sustainability agenda.
- Manage stakeholder relationships on sustainability in relevant business units.
- Drive engagement external partners.
- Foster external relationships related to sustainable sourcing.
- Represent Mondelēz International at relevant forums in the region
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career with experience and knowledge in:
More About This Role
- Sustainable sourcing, with expertise in agricultural raw materials sustainability
- Corporate sustainability, either through work experience in a company or through consultancy experience with companies on sustainable sourcing
- Building, maintaining and influencing stakeholders
- Comfortably networking and influencing others who are at least two levels up in the organization
- Educational achievements and business experience that demonstrate the intellectual capability needed to have credibility in the business
- Expertise in sustainable sourcing, water deforestation, human rights, procurement of agricultural raw materials and supply chains
- A self-starter who loves defining and delivering ambitious goals
- Modelling trust, integrity and perseverance
The India Sustainability Leader role is a critical role within Mondelēz International, shaping the sustainability strategy for India and managing the overall sustainability program for the Business Unit. Sustainability in Mondelēz is a multidimensional agenda including –
- Sustainable sourcing of key ingredients – including Cocoa, Wheat, Oils, Sugar, Dairy etc to build resilient landscape and communities.
- Clear and distinctive approach to environmental commitments ie Net Zero commitments by reducing our end-to-end carbon footprint by transforming our manufacturing, logistics and sourcing practices (eg. renewable energy, green alternatives for ovens & refrigerants, addressing warehouse emissions, transport network optimization to reduce emissions) and working in collaboration with key partners and third parties to deliver on shared long-term goals.
- Strategize and implement programs to reduce water consumption at our manufacturing sites as much as possible and conserve across value chain.
- Reduce waste and promote recycling to help climate and environment- Reduce food waste across manufacturing sites in India and advancing a more circular economy and reducing packaging waste by using lesser and better packaging, and investing in improved recycling systems – including designing for recyclability, reduction in plastics and Extended Producers Responsibility
- Social Sustainability, ESG Reporting & Stakeholder Engagement
- Sustainability and well-being for consumers via portion control and mindful snacking
Mondelez has a very clear and strategic approach to Snacking Make Right, which empowers to help drive innovative, more sustainable business growth the right way for people and the planet. To make a positive impact in this direction Mondelez has made some bold global commitments to build a more sustainable enterprise.
The role therefore requires developing an overall strategy for the BU and collaboratively working across the organization and different functions responsible for the above agendas, ensuring progress in the individual areas’ plans, regularly tracking and communicating performance to the top management. Since the regulations are also being developed around this topic in India, the role also is responsible for collaboratively working with MSC, RDQ, Commercial, Cocoa, Marketing and CGA India BU to influence and shape these regulations in line with the BU strategy. Expectation is for the BU to be ahead of the curve in sustainability and the Sustainability Leader role plays a crucial role in making it happen.Key Responsibilities:
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Develop and align BU Sustainability strategy in line with the global strategy, objectives and targets
- Work across functions and markets to translate the BU sustainability strategy into actionable plans / projects across the entire value chain (MSC & Commercial), in each area of sustainability agenda with clarity on ownership, timings and actions leading to staying ahead of the competition externally and the company expectations internally, Regular tracking of ROI & impact on key sustainability initiatives.
- Act as a PMO to govern progress being made, escalate issues, and call for help where needed. Setup a cadence to share progress across BU and deliver the glide path of progress towards the BU and global targets for all dimensions of sustainability.
- Setup a governance on EPR related legislative development, calculation of plastic footprint, setup of EPR activities including contracts and execution of EPR through WMA’s/PWP’s in India, reporting of EPR activities to the governments and progress to top management on EPR vs the targets. The governance should also result into the most optimal outcome for the BU.
- Work closely with the relevant functions (RDQ/MSC/ Procurement/Cocoa/ Marketing/ CGA) of India BU to stay ahead of changing Sustainability landscape, including policies or trends to inform business strategy, Identify and proactively mitigate emerging risks associated with Sustainability.
- Monitor the industry for best practice and new innovative technologies and designs (product material, energy efficiency and usage perspective)
- Support in building internal knowledge and engagement around sustainability. Mindful Snacking: Partner with Marketing team on future-proofing our portfolio and selecting the platforms / claims to focus on.
- Any other job/responsibility as assigned by management from time to time.
- Engineering degree / MBA / Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Sustainability or related such as Environmental Science with at least 3 - 5 years’ experience in a professional services / consulting environment and strong project management experience
- Comprehensive understanding and expertise on these key topics: climate change, resource efficiency, energy, carbon, sustainable materials, and circular economy of supply chains.
- Proven track record of delivery in an international working environment with an additional appreciation of different cultures.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and process design skills, ability to communicate effectively to senior stakeholders.
Within Country Relocation support available and for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer PolicyBusiness Unit Summary
Headquartered in Singapore, Mondelēz International’s Asia, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) region is comprised of six business units, has more than 21,000 employees and operates in more than 27 countries including Australia, China, Indonesia, Ghana, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam. Seventy-six nationalities work across a network of more than 35 manufacturing plants, three global research and development technical centers and in offices stretching from Auckland, New Zealand to Casablanca, Morocco. Mondelēz International in the AMEA region is the proud maker of global and local iconic brands such as Oreo
biscuits, Kinh Do
mooncakes, Cadbury, Cadbury Dairy Milk
powdered beverage and Philadelphia
cheese. We are also proud to be named a Top Employer in many of our markets.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Type
Sustainability, Well Being & Social Impact
Corporate & Government Affairs