Bankers Without Boundaries (‘BwB’), an innovator in global finance, is an investment banking, asset management and advisory firm focused on delivering value to our clients that benefit the environment and society.
Founded in 2013, BwB is powered by former investment bankers and is a not for profit with operations in Ireland, the United Kingdom & Singapore. BwB serves the financial needs of governments, institutional clients, corporates, high net worth individuals, cities and foundations worldwide.
Through the engagement of our human capital, BwB applies creativity and innovation to achieve results to meet the most pressing social and environmental challenges we face.
BwB is seeking Sustainable Finance Experts in the Netherlands to join our BwB Expert Group. Successful candidates joining this exclusive group of like-minded sustainable finance specialists will be able to explore opportunities to collaborate with BwB which directly impact sustainability within their region of residence with a particular focus on the movement of public and private capital towards decarbonization of urban environments. The successful candidates will have an already established network of connections within the Sustainability/Finance sector in the region/country.
- Support deployment of public and private capital in the region/country upon BwB request
- Respond when engaged by BwB for potential urban finance opportunities
- Comply with background checks and information requests to update and maintain credentials
- A minimum of seven years working within sustainable finance/ESG/impact investment
- Relevant experience relating to at least one of BwB's sectors (see below). Sustainable Urban Finance experience being highly advantageous
- Strong knowledge of financial products and services: Previous banking or other financial institutional experience is essential
- Strong local network within the region
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to advocate for BwB, representing and reflecting firm values
- Fluent in English and the local language, with additional regional language(s) being advantageous
Members of the Sustainability Finance Expert Group will additionally benefit from networking opportunities within the group and the chance to connect with individuals in their region with similar experience backgrounds.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not possible. Applicants must have the right to live and work in the country. Applicants residing outside of the country will not be considered.
The role is fully remote, home office based. Travel may be required in certain instances relating to project work undertaken.
BwB Sectors List
- Sovereign Sustainable Finance
- Sustainable Urban Finance
- Retrofit & Built Environment Finance
- Energy Finance
- Blue Economy & Food Finance
- Mobility Finance
- Circular Economy Finance
- Biodiversity & NBS Finance
- Carbon & Forest Finance
- Gender, Diversity & Inclusive Finance
- Sustainable Digital Finance