About this role:
Wells Fargo Commercial Bank is seeking a Business Execution Associate to join its Commercial Bank Climate Program and drive all aspects of the program as described below. The role will report to Director, Commercial Bank Climate and Sustainable Growth within the Renewable Energy and Environmental Finance (REEF) group.
The Commercial Bank Climate Program/Sustainable Growth Team is a cross-Commercial Bank, small core and broader matrixed team that drives all aspects of Climate implementation efforts as nested under the Enterprise Climate implementation effort. The team’s main areas of responsibility include:
- Developing the Commercial Bank Climate/sustainable Finance Growth strategy in concert with the Enterprise Climate and Sustainability strategy.
- Supporting target planning, disclosure and reporting for reducing Financed Emissions.
- Supporting reporting and disclosure of Sustainable Financing progress. (Green Financing)
- Developing strategies and products/features to assist our customers on their low-carbon journey with appropriate financing in concert with business leaders.
- Partnering with Data and Technology partners to automate, sustain and enhance disclosures and reporting and to inform and synchronize business efforts.
- Integrating the climate effort into the Wells Fargo Risk Management Framework and fulfilling regulatory requirements.
- Providing relevant resources, education and training to our internal and customer facing teams in support of climate strategies and goals.
- Providing program governance, resourcing and financial and deliverable management.
In this role, you will:
- Directly support Sustainable Finance Growth efforts.
- Maintain resources in partnership with the larger team and sales enablement.
- Support climate specific communications.
- Support education and training of Net zero and Sustainable Finance concepts risks and opportunities.
- Manage support requests from lines of business.
- Utilize independent judgment to guide deliverables.
- Work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Participate in a variety of assigned and ongoing business efforts to ensure success in meeting business goals and objectives.
- Build relationships, collaborate and consult with various business representatives and climate/sustainable finance teams.
- Facilitate meetings.
- 6+ months of Business Execution, Implementation, or Strategic Planning experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Education or subject matter expertise in decarbonization/sustainability solutions, financial products, and policy trends.
- Preferred experience with Commercial Banking businesses, products, systems and the commercial lending domain.
- Experience in the ESG domain relative to the finance industry with insight to Net Zero Banking Alliance (NZBA) and climate commitments.
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills.
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management.
- Responds to requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Adhere to confidentiality practices.
- Works well in a team environment; demonstrates collaboration and partnership.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy