At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
This role has multiple levels, open to candidates with 6+ years related experience. The successful candidate will be hired for the level of the position that aligns with their experience.
U.S. Bank is looking for a new Sustainable Finance Product Strategist (PS), to join our new and growing Sustainable Finance Team. The PS will report to the Managing Director of Sustainable Finance.
The enterprise Sustainable Finance Team is a new bank-wide function responsible for driving progress and accountability for the enterprise Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) commercial strategy and roadmap. The team will bring specialized expertise to support and enable U.S. Bank lines of business to capture ESG business opportunity, working alongside business leaders from around the bank to mobilize capital towards ESG commitments and meet client ESG needs.
The Sustainable Finance Team will drive successful implementation of the enterprise ESG commercial strategy, support and enable lines of business to integrate ESG into their business strategy, and have the following four areas of focus: 1) Technical expertise, consulting and advising; 2) Cross business line support; 3) Sustainable finance frameworks and taxonomies; 4) Strategy and governance:
This multifaceted Product Strategist role requires someone who excels in a dynamic environment, has strong analytical and project management skills, is a creative problem solver and a strong communicator. The ideal PS candidate is fluent with sustainability megatrends and experienced in banking product development and Sustainable Finance/ESG investing. The candidate will join a dynamic, strategically important team and contribute to the development of full suite of Sustainable Finance products/services to meet current client needs and drive new client acquisition.
- Execute on highest priority business areas of U.S. Bank through product development and go-to-market pilot/rollout
- Conducting capabilities gap assessment to identify new required capabilities to capture revenue potential and inform business cases
- Enhance and build products/services to meet current client needs and drive new client acquisition
- Work closely with the Sustainable Finance Product Strategist Vice President to develop new Sustainable Finance product roadmaps, collaborating with internal stakeholders, to ensure a competitive offering that aligns with evolving market needs and corporate ESG priorities.
- Work closely with coverage and product partners to develop an understanding, and keep abreast of the competitive landscape and market trends
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s sustainable finance framework and environmental and social risk management policies
- Provide insights on the sustainable finance market landscape and work with commercial teams to understand client needs in order to inform product strategy and development priorities; translate insights into actionable product enhancements
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Typically six to eight years of related experience
- Experience in banking, management consulting or corporate development experience with prior, relevant SF/ESG expertise within financial services
- Strong numeracy/financial modeling skills and familiarity with the banking credit and risk management processes.
- Prior experience in ESG investment or banking product development
- Understanding of financial markets and various investment disciplines
- Experience developing and executing an implementation plan for a product vision or strategy
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly skilled in creation of briefing materials, report writing and preparation of presentations
U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation d/b/a U.S. Bancorp Impact Finance, the tax credit and community development division of U.S. Bank, believes all people have a right to the possibilities that comes with living in a safe and vibrant community. The financing USBIF provides for affordable housing, economic development, and renewable energy projects have a lasting social and environmental impact in communities. Visit USBIF on the web to find out more at www.usbank.com/cdc.
U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation is now operating as U.S. Bancorp Impact Finance. All job postings under U.S. Bancorp Impact Finance reside within the USBCDC organization.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Basic term and optional term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Pregnancy disability and parental leave
- 401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
- Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
- Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
- Adoption assistance
- Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $111,010.00 - $130,600.00 - $143,660.00
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.