Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.Would you like to work for one of the World's largest banks in an exciting, dynamic and international environment?
We are currently recruiting for a Vice President Operational Risk & Enterprise Risk
for our Risk Management Division
in MUFG Securities
MUFG Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked Financial Groups in the world in terms of assets. A world-class set of businesses and more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide.
For more than 50 years MBE offers corporate and investment banking services to both Japanese and non-Japanese corporate customers in The Netherlands and, through its branches. The goal is to be among the top performing foreign-owned banks operating in The Netherlands, providing value-added banking services and excellent operations, fulfilling both Japanese and Global Multinational Corporate customers' needs.
At MBE we are committed to contributing to a more sustainable future. Thus, we will encourage you to embed environmental, social & governance (ESG) factors in your everyday work and in our culture.
The MBE subsidiary based in The Netherlands is a network of branches (Germany Branch (Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Munich), Spain Branch (Madrid, Barcelona), Belgium Branch (Brussels), Austria Branch (Vienna)), managed from Amsterdam.Your impact at MUFG
Overall purpose of the role is to further develop and enhance the risk management framework for operational risk and enterprise risk management and to work and collaborate effectively with MUFG EMEA (MUSE) and MUFG Bank Europe (MBE) risk teams.Function positioning
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vision to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do. We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges. The group’s operating companies include, but are not limited to, MUFG Bank, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking (Japan's leading trust bank), Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings (one of Japan's largest securities firms), and MUFG Americas Holdings.The role includes the following:
Operational Risk Management
- The purpose of the role is to support first line of defense in identification and assessment of operational risks and review and challenge the operational risk management as a second line of defense.
- Support in embedding the EMEA’s operational risk management framework at MUSEU
- Lead risk and control self-assessments, control attestation process, and scenario analysis
- Build collaborative relationship with colleagues in first line of defense and advise on operational risk matters
- Track and monitor events, issues & actions logged on MUSEU’s GRC tool
- Prepare meaningful reports for the Management Board
- Support Head of ORM with the wider ORM agenda, including but not limited to, ad-hoc projects, risk appetite, risk governance and committee work.
Enterprise Risk Management
In order to be successful in the role, you will need the following:
- Leading and coordinating (with MUSEU and MUSE stakeholders) the preparation of Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP)
- Coordinate the annual update of MUS(EU)’s Stress Testing Framework including, but not limited to, the Stress Testing Scenario Development, including reverse stress test scenarios, and develop MUS(EU)’s ability to review and challenge Integrated Stress Testing results
- Support MUSE in the coordination and update of the Risk Register for MUS(EU), the International Risk Appetite Framework, and develop MUS(EU)’s Risk Appetite and monitoring processes.
- Drafting risk sections of Annual Report and Pillar 3 reports in close collaboration with MUSE ERM team
- Provide oversight of models in use at MUS(EU) including their performance
- Maintain an develop the MUS(EU) Risk Management Framework and policy suite
- Preparation of internal and external audits, act as a central liaise risk person at MUSEU and coordinate information requests
- Collaborate with MUSE and MBE ERM teams and represent MUSEU at several governance forums
Skills and experience:
- At least 2+ years of relevant work experience (in operational and/or enterprise risk management area) with a financial institution
- Academic (master) degree in a relevant field of study
- Fluent language skills in English
- Stakeholder management
- Experience in dealing with Senior Management
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office products – MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Word applications
- Ability to challenge and ask questions
- Proactive self-starter, able to handle diverse workload
- Working knowledge of GRC tool (preferable)
Integrity and Responsibility
- Balance Risk with Opportunity
- Customer Focus
- Demonstrate Global Perspective
Professionalism and Teamwork
- Drive For Results
- Collaborate and Build Partnerships
- Communicate Effectively and Professionally
Challenge Ourselves To Grow
What do we have to offer:
- Influence and Inspire Others
- Lead Change & Seek Continuous Improvement
- Think Strategically
- Manage and Develop Talent
We offer you a role in one of the largest banks of the world in a growing and international environment. You have various opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you with that by offering various training and development possibilities.
Besides that we will offer you:
- We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life.
- Monthly team events.
- To work in an ambitious, international environment with colleagues from different countries and cultures, who strive for the best.
- Gross salary based on experience and consistent with the market
- 8% holiday allowance and 13th month payment.
- 28 vacation days per year. Optional you can buy 15 additional days.
- Commuting allowance based on annual public transport 2nd class, most economical way, or € 0,21 per km with a max of 75km one way.
- €5,00 net remote working compensation per day, with a maximum of €60,00 per month.
- Possibility to order Office Equipment’s for the home office, (up to €500,-)
- Remote Working Policy i.e. Working From Home (WFH) and Remote Working in another Country.
- Bicycle plan (fiscal benefit)
- Company fitness (fiscal benefit)
- Mental health workshops and budget for external courses (i.e. Dutch language classes).
- Employee contribution towards Pension insurance (max 5%, currently 2%), our pension scheme is based on a defined contribution scheme.
- Training & development possibilities paid by the bank
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
The role is based in the Netherlands. All candidates need to be willing to relocate to the Netherlands. Internal employees will be supported in case of relocation.
For more information regarding this position you can contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist at: email@example.com
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.